Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No Dynamic line management or 10 day stabilisation period

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the fact Vodafone Customer Service have Not got a clue Vodafone says there are a DLM and 10 day stabilisation period this is false not true rubbish. This the message I got from Openreach. 

IMG_0034.jpeg

39 REPLIES 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s not the point yes that’s minimum guarantee 455 mbps yes I understand that you should also get more then ithis 455 mbps during peak times that’s it’s usually higher Openreach FTTP GPON that it’s sharing but you should get what you pay for 

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@Anonymous  I do understand your point, but contractually you are getting what you paid for. It may be worth setting-up the Think Broadband BQM, if you haven't done this before, to see if there's anything going on with latency and other issues. Also check your router logs for dropped packets and retries. You could have a poor bit of fibre somewhere but you need to grab some evidence to pass to VF.

Ripshod

These plans are sold as "up to XXXMbps" and they also come with a minimum speed guarantee, that compares well with other ISPs.

Suck it up or vote with your feet. 

Jayach

@Anonymous 

Apart from complain about the speeds you are getting, you haven't given us much proof that they are correct. (your pictures haven't yet been moderated, so they may show something)

Just what devices are you using to test with? Are multiple devices showing the speed to be the same? Are you testing over Ethernet or Wi-Fi?

Your posts just come across as a moan, and there is nothing wrong with that, we all like to complain sometimes, but there is nothing being offered that we can really respond to. (Assuming you want a response from us, we are not Vodafone, so if your expecting them to do something, it won't happen via here)

Anonymous
Not applicable

You must be a loyal customer stick up for them 

Cynric

@Anonymous  LOL. I'd go for pragmatism. Look on any ISP forum and you'll find the same kind of problems.

Jayach

@Anonymous wrote:

You must be a loyal customer stick up for them 

Exactly the opposite, I think they are probably one of the worst for customer service (but I haven't tried all the others)

However for me they offered a good deal to stay, but as soon as I can beat it, I'll be off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I totally understand mate phone up tech support there are useless 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I managed to get it fixed I had really good conversation with Openreach over on Facebook Messenger and said during peak times your internet speed will go down between 6pm and 11pm that you why you get a guarantee speed. It’s because I am new to FTTP I was on FTTC and years ago I was on ADSL+2 cooper broadband like Standard broadband and FTTC isn’t affected by peak times because Cooper is a dedicated line for your house so get up to 76 mbps you may get 65 mbps but you’ll always have that speed. But GPON aka gigabyte passive optical network GPON is shared between neighbours I just had FTTP installed in April 2023 the reason I was confused is because no one had FTTP in my area so soon as my neighbours started taken up FTTP my speed was affected but now understand now customer service was clueless because they couldn’t explain to me they even remotely factory reset my Vodafone Router thinking that would fix it. They have no clue those Indian call centres.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I managed to get it fixed I had a really good conversation with Openreach over on Facebook Messenger and they said during peak times your internet speed will go down between 6pm and 11pm that’s you why you get a speed guarantee. It’s because I am new to FTTP I was on FTTC and years ago I was on ADSL+2 cooper broadband like Standard broadband and FTTC isn’t affected by peak times because Cooper is a dedicated line for your house so if you get up to 76 mbps you may get 65 mbps but you always have that speed. But GPON aka gigabit passive optical network GPON is shared between neighbours I just had FTTP installed in April 2023 this is the reason I was confused is because no one had FTTP in my area so soon as my neighbours started taken up FTTP my speed was affected but now I understand now customer service was clueless because they couldnt explain to me what was going on they even remotely factory reset my Vodafone Router thinking that would fix it they have no clue those Indian call centres. I really wished Vodafone would see what’s going wrong with their customer support team because with BT they got rid of overseas people.

Sorry the bad grammar