Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No Dynamic line management or 10 day stabilisation period

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the fact Vodafone Customer Service have Not got a clue Vodafone says there are a DLM and 10 day stabilisation period this is false not true rubbish. This the message I got from Openreach. 

IMG_0034.jpeg

39 REPLIES 39

Cynric
16: Advanced member

Old copper fttc could drop from 65Mb/s down to single figures on a bad day with high contention.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah that’s different that’s because with FTTC and ADSL you get the dreaded dynamic line management and sound to noise ratio but with full fibre you don’t get ether 

Cynric

You got reduced speed because VF connected too many customers to the available bandwidth that they had contracted for. Nothing to do with DLM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry you don’t have a clue there times I would have to call Vodafone to get a Openreach engineer to physically reset my profile. Does everyone on this forum like arguing about stupid things

Cynric

Yup, keep it up you're doing great. 😄 

Meanwhile I'll just rest on 40+ years of industry experience.

Jayach

I'm glad you now seem happy.

Just one question, have your speeds improved?

Anonymous
Not applicable

After doing some research on google and a website called ISPReview I read about Vodafone’s new backbone network called RedStream that’s the main reason for high ping speed minimum guarantee of 455mbps. Basically once upgraded it will improve performance because all other ISPs have a minimum speed guarantee 700mbps.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/newscentre/press-release/final-phase-future-proof-redstream-backbone-core...

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2023/07/vodafone-in-final-phase-of-major-uk-backbone-network-u...

Jayach

@Anonymous 

I really would treat any Vodafone press releases with a very large pinch of salt.

Here's what they said about Tobi, back in 2017, and we know just how well that went.

Vodafone to use artificial intelligence to speed up online queries - Vodafone UK News Centre

Ripshod

That release was six months ago. Just how long is this 'final phase' going to take? Has anyone actually seen any benefits yet? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was talking to Vodafone on yes there in the final phase but it’s rolled out yet