Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No internet after activation.

Christos
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So I had to wait 2 weeks for my broadband to be activated which I find very long on its own now that the date has come (11th) I got a call from the engineer saying hes done his part and the internet should be working however it is not I've seen very many people having to wait an extra 2-3 weeks after their activation date and I'm very worried that would happen to me I need someone to help me sort this out asap

11 REPLIES 11

Jayach
16: Advanced member

What lights are lit on the router?

The WiFi light is on and the first light however the internet light is flashing red and has been since the beginning 

Jayach

That basically means the router is not connecting to your local Openreach cabinet. Check connections into the master socket and if all look good then contact Vodafone. You could try live chat as that will probably be the fastest way to contact them. https://www.vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd/

What is the situation, are you a completely new customer or have you transferred from another ISP?

I'm completely new and what do you mean by check the connection?

Jayach

Is the cable securely plugged in to the modem and filter and the filter connected to the master BT socket. (assuming this is an FTTC service)

Have you just moved into the property? Do you know if the previous occupants had working broadband?

So the part that plugs into the socket is kinda wobbly and it doesnt seem to go all the way in could that be the issue?

Jayach

Certainly could. If you remove the faceplate there should be a test socket behind that. (on all but the very oldest master sockets) Try connecting in there. Post some pictures if you think it may help.

plugged it into the test socket and the light turned white so it should work

Jayach

Yes it should. Sounds like the faceplate is faulty/damaged. The mater socket is Openreach's responsibility so report it to Vodafone and they should call Openreach out.