Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No internet connection, internet light blinking red-white

Antyone
2: Seeker

I raised the issue with someone in online chat, now im supposed to wait up to 72 hours for somebody to contact me back.. 

Basically the internet light on the modem is blinking red with occasional white, it blinks fast like red, red, red, white, red etc.

I've been looking for threads with similar issue but I couldn't find anyone describing red-white internet light flashing and what it means

logging into 192.168.1.1 shows theres no connection "no ipv4 address"

resets and factory resets do nothing, swapping micro filter nor using the testing socket doesn't help either

when I reset the modem, it will show internet light red first, then turn white for 5 seconds before turning red-white blinking

anyone able to help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jayach
16: Advanced member

That sounds like a faulty modem or line. I would call 08080 034 515 and they should be able to arrange a test. Make sure you are plugged into the test socket when you call as they will ask you to do so and it will speed things up if you can say you are already there.

Edit: when you connect to the modem do you get a connection speed shown? If so it's more likely to be an authentication problem, still something Vodafone need to sort.

View solution in original position

14 REPLIES 14

Jayach

That sounds like a faulty modem or line. I would call 08080 034 515 and they should be able to arrange a test. Make sure you are plugged into the test socket when you call as they will ask you to do so and it will speed things up if you can say you are already there.

Edit: when you connect to the modem do you get a connection speed shown? If so it's more likely to be an authentication problem, still something Vodafone need to sort.

Jalpin
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I am having same issue was working fine then just started doing this have you managed to fix the issue if so how

I had to phone in and get an engineer to come, turns out somebody changed our landline phone number for no reason, if you have the same issue and tried every fix possible available to you its likely a faulty line 

Thanks for that all ready reported and waiting on an engineer but was homing I could get it sorted sooner than the quoted 48-72 hours that I was quoted

helenofhackney

I have precisely the same problem.  It's extremely frustrating as there is no support at night!

In just a few hours I have online lessons to teach to classes of waiting students.   This is ridiculous.

I'm not impressed... and that's putting it mildly.

There should at least be info readily available to explain the source of the problem so that I know whether or not to waste time trying to fix it.

I am also at this level of poor service on both connectivity and also support, to the point now where almost 10 days later I am still without a stable / any internet at home and looking to leave. The level of service is horrendous and I have absolutely no confidence that Vodafone and their 'tech' support are able to fix this issue. My only issue now is leaving without having to pay the Early Exit Fee due to the poor service being received.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @DanMatthews7 and @helenofhackney - I understand how important it is to have a stable connection, especially now. We are available 24/7 on social media, so please don't hesitate to drop us a message with a link back to this thread (so you don't have to repeat yourself) and your landline/account number so that we can look into getting your services up and running.

Hello, I’ve been having this issue since last Tuesday, I’ve followed all the online advice, factory resets, checked cables & plugs, plugged into different sockets and purchased a new ADSL microfilter, none of this has worked. I ‘spoke’ to two agents on the chat on Tuesday and Wednesday last week and the person I spoke to on Wednesday did manage to get me back working on Wednesday evening. I lost connection again on Friday and it’s been intermittent at best over the weekend but I’ve had no connection at all since Monday.   I am trying to WFH (like most people) and my employer (local police force) is really not happy about the situation, which of course I’m not either. Tonight at about 18:00 I contacted you via DM on Twitter but since doing the security check I’ve heard nothing. I have been delayed getting back to you to get this sorted due to being ill after having my Covid jab. I really really needs this sorted ASAP due to my job, and that I’m running out of leave days to take. If it’s not possible to fix please can you let me know how I cancel my contract for not only the broadband & landline but my mobile (I’ve been a customer for over 15years) and two further family mobile contracts I have with yourselves. 
thank you 

I have been having the same issue off and on since 13th June. I keep getting told there’s an open reach issue in my area. For 8 days solid? I’m also asking for compensation but I get the reply they’ll discuss it when the issue is resolved. Each time I get told the issue will be resolved in a couple of hours. This is seriously bad service!