Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No response from technical team

morrison
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I wonder if anyone can suggest anything I can do.

We have had no home broadband for over 2 weeks. I have rung Vodafone customer services, been on their online chat, rung the technical team, and they are just not responding. Last night I was on hold to their tech team for 1h50m and then my phone battery died! I doubt they would have answered in double that time though!

They have promised to send out an engineer 5 times (each with a 5 hour window) and each time he hasn't arrived.

I am at my wits end with them. Each evening after the time window has expired, I have rung them and they promise faithfully to send an engineer out the next day, and then nothing happens. I have taken so much time off work, it's ridiculous.

They say it's a BT-OpenReach problem, but as a member of the public, I can't contact BT-OpenReach!!

The latest is that an engineer will contact me within the next 48 hours! If s/he doesn't, what do I do then?

Honestly I have never experienced such bad customer service. I am 6 months into an 18 month contract and Vodafone says that if I leave I need to pay a cancellation fee and something else too. Ideally I just want internet which they are not providing.

We have a Vodafone router and we've tried switching it on and off a number of times.

I'd appreciate if anyone has any ideas on what I can do.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Jayach
16: Advanced member

What number are you calling them on. Broadband support is 0808 003 4515.

What service are you on? What does it show if you log into the router?

Hi 

Thanks for your reply.

The number they told me to ring is 08080057320.

We are on Unlimited Fibre 76. On our statement it says Superfast 2, Unlimited Broadband

I don't know how to log on to the router. Could you let me know please.

It has 3 lights - the power light is blue, the wifi light is blue and the internet light is flashing blue and red.

Thanks

Jayach

Yes that number is for 2nd line, if you have that number then they will have given you a fault reference to go with it and that will be the best way to get an update on progress. When I was having problems it took about 40 minutes to get it answered.

You obviously have an earlier router to me as my indicator LEDs are different, but it does sound like it is not syncing up. Does the phone line work O.K.?

To log into the router you type 192.168.1.1 into a browser address line and use the password which is on the router.

Once Vodafone support identified I needed Openreach they called them out and I was given a choice of AM/PM and Openreach were good at keeping to the times specified but I think their response can vary around the country.

I think you will need to keep calling that number, but try at different times possibly the morning is best.

It took quite awhile to my fault fixed but it was intermittent. No broadband at all should be quick to fix once you get the Openreach engineer out.

I'm always astounded when I read stories like yours as it doesn't seem possible that support can be that bad.

Thanks.

I also can't believe how bad their service has been!

Our phone line works ok.

I guess I'll wait another 24 hours as they told me an engineer would ring. Lets hope he does!

Hi

080 8003  4515

Take the details from the underside of the router, written down/photographed for ref.

From a PC, W10 preferably, you open a browser and type in the address bar

Type in the password.  Look for advanced mode and Status and Support.

VF Status.png

If in doubt please ask.

Hi

Just an update:

We STILL have no internet!! We have now had 8 missed engineer calls with no explanation whatsoever. Just an apology and an assurance that if they book a senior engineer then he will come - ridiculous!

I logged on to the router like you suggested and it proved we had no internet.

In the meantime I went on LinkedIn and connected to one of their directors and told her my issue.

So now the Director's office is dealing with this situation. They said BT reclaimed the line (probably accidentally?) but this didn't reflect in Vodafone's systems.  So now they need to cancel our account, which takes 48 hours and then create a new account. This involves applying to BT for a new line which will take up to 7 days!

So we will have been without internet for 1 month - you can't imagine how challenging this has been!!

I asked them for a free wifi hubspot in the meantime. The first time they refused but the second time I insisted and they agreed. However when I went to the shop to collect it, I had a battle with them too as they wanted me to pay for it. Luckily the manager there saw how much I had been messed around and he gave it to me free but the cost of the wifi minutes have been added on to my account. I will fight that later!  This whole scenario is beyond a joke but hopefully will be sorted in 7 days time.

If they had only told me the truth we could have resolved this so much sooner. I am really not happy at all with this company.