Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No wifi

Agriffo930
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi folks, returned home from work to find no Internet connection on all devices. Tried restarting the router a few times and disconnecting and reconnecting devices one by one to see If any of them are causing trouble but to no avail. 

Screenshot_20230707_220814_Captive Portal Login.jpg

 above is the screenshot of what I get when I log in with the admin password on my phone. (Strangely enough the same password won't let me log in when trying on my laptop? Not sure what that's about?)

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Andy

8 REPLIES 8

Cynric
16: Advanced member

Your picture is awaiting moderation.

Sometimes the password issue could be that on phone it can blonger than on a computer. I had this problem in the past where the computer password maximum length was 20 characters.

Did you try a resetting the router using the tiny pinhole at the back?

Do you know if you had a power cut?

Jayach

What colour is the internet LED on the router?

Thanks for replies - I rent with 2 others and they didn't notice anything odd apart from the Internet just suddenly cutting out. The screenshot is just of the homepage when I log in using admin password. It's a photo of the router we have with 'no connection' written in red and then underneath a red exclamation point saying 'no Ipv4 address'.

Have tried resetting using the small hole on the back of the router a few times. No joy.

LED is red and flashing

Thanks

Jayach

@Agriffo930 wrote:

LED is red and flashing

The cable between you and the local cabinet is likely broken. (assuming you are on FTTC)

(or the plug has fallen out of the telephone socket)

Is there a way to check whether we're on fttc? We're renters. The landlord kindly includes our WiFi in our rent which is great but we don't really know any details about what we have.

Jayach

If the router connects to a telephone socket, it's FTTC.

If it connects to a box on the wall with lights on it, it's FTTP (full fibre)

I'm pretty sure it's going to be FTTC.

Ripshod

I wonder if your landlord may have missed a bill? 

Jayach

@Ripshod wrote:

I wonder if your landlord may have missed a bill? 

I suspect it would be flashing white in that case.