Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Non VOIP with VF router

Madhatter
4: Newbie
Hi, I am moving away from VF next week and have already migrated my VOIP to A&A. I've got it all setup on app and can make outgoing calls, for some strange reason, I cannot receive calls, though the old phone plugged into the VF router is still ringing but not the app. Is there any thing I need to disable in the router?
5 REPLIES 5

Jayach
16: Advanced member

When you say you have migrated your VoIP to A&A, do you mean you have ported your phone number?

If you can make calls on A&A, but not receive them, the VoIP hasn't been setup correctly, nothing to do with Vodafone or it's router.

Madhatter

Yes, ported the number away.  I can make calls just not receive them. the strange thing is the phone plugged into the VF router can receive calls and I've not put in the A&A settings into the phone (non-IP) or the router

Ripshod

Wouldn't porting the number away cause the cancellation of the broadband? Or don't they do that any more? 

Jayach

Sounds like you have had a split port, it will be down to A&A to resolve.

Like @Ripshod I would have expected the port of the number to cease the Vodafone broadband, however perhaps that doesn't happen when you are on FTTP.

Are you in the process of moving the broadband to A&A also?

Madhatter

On FTTP you can drink the number.

Rang A&A and he said had gone through, suggested unplugging the phone from router and done that as well as powering phone down but still no joy.

Checking my VoIP dashboard it does show the app and iPhone but that's it

Rechecked the settings three times but can't see anything awry. 

Will give them a ring in the morning again.

Am going to Sky, should have gone Aquiss as good friendly CS.