Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Poor back end experience

awhatford
3: Seeker

Hi really frustrated and I don't fancy the fault finding with Vodafone 🤦

Basically last year my new vox hg3000 router stopped working DSL sync up and down fine. just no download connection (well about 0.3mb on a 50mb sync) upload was fine after some "fault finding" with Vodafone I gave up and fitted my own router dsl-ac88u that worked right away but has all ways been poor with Facebook and only works well if using 3rd party DNS servers.

Any way I had been putting up with that for over a year if it's too frustrating I will switch to my 4g mobile network and the Facebook pages will load in a split second.

Well I poked the bear by organising my network and doing a fresh start with my smaller dsl-ac68u with more features and security well it was syncing fine but would stop responding to internet request after an hour so I replaced the dsl-ac88u back in and that worked again for an hour rebooted the pppoe session and got a few more hours then realised none of my windows pc would now work.

In a panic after some fruit less fault finding I grabbed my open reach approved Fritzbox 7490 and set that up, internet back up for most things but windows pc still not working rebooted the router yesterday and now windows pc's working but trough out all this Facebook has got even worse and the speedtest app won't work but will speedtest,net will work trough chrome app 🤷 banging my head against the wall as some internet is better than nothing but not have any apps working as it's now Facebook Twitter WhatsApp and speedtest all not working sure there are more but not tested everything yet.

Despite using native ISP DHCP DNS issued Vodafone or Google DNS or opendns settings the problem is the same, I have logged in to my Vodafone and fully disabled content filters and no improvement.

Any way I don't fancy banging my head against the wall with ##~## off family going trough the teir 1 and 2 surport dance to deal with a problem that is back end for the next few weeks, the dsl line worked for years with bt and sky and is all ways stable sync speed unless I play about with changing routers then it dips for a few days not too bad if you leave a router off for over 35 minutes before plugging in the next one(top tip their for open reach DLM😉😉).

So to close 3x 3rd party routers 3 identical problems or Vodafone hub that has no download connection at all or use 4g from my mobile that works fine for everything 🤷🤦🤦🤦

I did see a post about the same problem of Facebook app not working and the thread stopped at contact technical.

I will also add in my local area have all had this problem and judging by Facebook they solved it by 800 bt engineer site visits or changing provider and as fttp with bt is in my area when I was told gigafast would be here first I might just do it 🤷😂

13 REPLIES 13

awhatford

Apparently Facebook has had problems before but still dose not explain why speed test app won't work 🤦

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-broadband-queries/WiFi-blocking-apps-like-Facebook/td-p/264098...

awhatford

You will never guess how.

My apps are mostly working over WiFi now 🙄

Any one know how to get Vodafone to enable ipv6?

I have just tested 6to4 ipv6 tunneling and Facebook seams to want to show my photos and comments and speed test app is now working as well as YouTube 🤷.

Ever since I have been with Vodafone I have never had Native ipv6 working even now (ipv6 tunnel is a work around)

I did have ipv6 with sky though and only really had these problems with Vodafone but until recently I did not realise my mobile data was working in tandem with WiFi patching up the holes and that explains why it all ways works upstairs and I only had problems downstairs were there is poor 4g 🤷🤦

So any one know a fix?

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@awhatford wrote:

Any one know how to get Vodafone to enable ipv6?

Ever since I have been with Vodafone I have never had Native ipv6 working even now (ipv6 tunnel is a work around)

You (we) will have to wait until they are ready to enable it. Who knows how long that may be.

This 6of4 tunnel has helped no end in proformance some requests take a few seconds but it's much better for now 🤞🤞