Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Porting My Vodafone Number

DJDanny90000
4: Newbie

Hi. 

I would like to know I understand your landline phone plugs in the back of your Router on FTTP/FTTH. But what I would like to know can you port your vodafone landline number to Vonage UK for example and stay with Vodafone Broadband.

3 REPLIES 3

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Good question, but porting numbers is a total nightmare. Best to get your number ported before joining Vodafone

I am currently on FTTC/VDSL2 Broadband with Vodafone the reason I ask. Openreach is halfway though ruling out FTTP in my area and I would like to stay with Vodafone on FTTP and transfer my number to VoIP Service because I don’t like the Vodafone Router I mean it’s excellent that they supply a Router to get you connected but it will be awesome if all ISPs give you the option to you use your equipment upon registration. Like for example if I call EE and I would like to order broadband please they should ask do you have your own 3rd Party Router if yes they wouldn’t need send out the router then EE would save money on making them.

Jayach

We would all like it if things were as we would prefer them.

However, in the real world, we have to make the best of what is available,

If money were no object, everything would be fine, but we want it as cheaply as possible..

@DJDanny90000 wrote:

Openreach is halfway though ruling out FTTP in my area and I would like to stay with Vodafone on FTTP and transfer my number to VoIP Service

I assume you mean rolling out. You will need to investigate the possibility of porting your number before upgrading, I don't know of anybody who has done that. Do let us know if you succeed