Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problem is widespread in my town?

izziep
2: Seeker

Hello! I hope someone can help me because I really don't know what to do.

My internet started disconnecting every half an hour or so on Friday. I contacted tech support via live chat and we did the usual, reset router, etc, then they said to put the leads into the test socket for 72 hours and get back to them if it wasn't better. It wasn't so yesterday they booked me an engineer who came out today.

In the mean time, my sister and mum have started having the same problem, they are both with Vodafone and live down the road. I also went on my local town's 'spotted' page on Facebook and found two other people who use vodafone with the same issue.

The engineer came today and said he thought maybe I could have a fault with my line but he wasn't sure, he did some stuff at the green box then came back and said he thought it was fixed. I thought it was too but I've just got home and it's doing it again. The engineer also told me he had visited someone else in my town on vodafone with the same issue but he hadn't been able to identify any common factors between us. So that's 6 people in this town who all use vodafone experiencing the same issue. I also notice that when the internet stops working, the lights on my router are green. The engineer claimed this means the problem is at vodafone.

I looked for a service status page for vodafone broadband but couldnt find one.
Not sure what to do! Bit flummoxed.

2 REPLIES 2

atiq27

Am having same issue with my broadband. connection keeps dropping every once in a while and need to turn router off and back on. I am in Middlesbrough

Did have issues few months ago which were fixed after engineers visit but they have started again now.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you're having connection problems @atiq27 and @izziep. Pop us a message through one of our Social Channels with a link to your message and we'll be happy to take a look into this 👀