Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problems with my speed and ping

jameshull010
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there.

So I'm on superfast 2 fibre broadband and I'm pretty sure I've got issues with my speed and latency. So my estimated speed on my line is 68mbps according to the set up email with a guaranteed speed of 62mbps. Now my sync speed has been at around 60mbps with a ping time of 17ms for a while now which I did query but was fobbed off saying my line was ok and it met the 55mb package guarantee. I wasn't too bothered and were still perfectly acceptable stats for me needs. But now my broadband disconnected tonight and has now dropped to 59mb but with a big increase on ping at 28ms. I'm a hardcore gamer and while this is more than playable I am not happy with this sync speed and latency, and now I'm sure there is a fault on my line for the speeds to be this far below my original estimates. Dlm has obviously lowered my band again and put me on high interleaving. Will ring Vodafone tomorrow but knowing too well they will just tell me your speed is above the 55mb guarantee so no problem. Having a catastrophic failure on your line is a much more easier problem to deal with because its obvious. Any advice on exactly how to get this properly investigated?

2 REPLIES 2

MarkD

Hi @jameshull010, what device and site are you doing the speed and latency tests on? Do you have the Vodafone Broadband App downloaded? If you do, does the sync speed on the App match up to your results? If not, it might be worth downloading it from Google Play or the App Store to see what the results are showing. Our broadband teams will the same information as what is displayed on the App. 

I'm using the ookla site to test my real speeds and ping. Its connecting to a local vodafone server and giving me a ping of 30ms. It used to be 17ms. Im using the broadband app and my sync speeds are 59.7mb. My minimum guaranteed is 62.7mb for my line but my estimated should be 76mb being the cabinet is right outside my window! I've complained to Vodafone who originally agreed there was an outside fault with my line after doing a scan but now telling me my line is OK and 60mb is acceptable! Yeah its still a decent speed but its not the package and speed I signed up to! Very unhappy with you Vodafone!