Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Router connected but no internet

1jsm1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi!
Following a change of provider, my vodafone broadband went live 5 days ago. Successfully connected the new router, clicked on vodafone in available networks using password provided but still am unable to get internet access on any device.
My iMac says; "Internet connection appears to be working correctly".
My mobile says: "Connected without internet".

I've called the Vodafone technical support line several times over a three day period and have spoken to 4 different techical helpers. I've been through all of their suggected diagnostic checks, including:

i) Turning the router on/off and resetting it to defaut (all lights are showing solid white as they are supposed to)

ii) Sharing images of the cable connections and these are all correct.

iii) Verifying my router serial and model numbers and these have been cross-checked

iv) Content control settings have been set to allow broadband usage.

v) Technical team checks indicate that I am live and there is no problem with my router.

Technical support cannot solve and admit an engineer visit is warranted say that because of the COVID-19 situation, that cannot happen until June at the earliest. Instead, they have arranged for an engineer to "check outside my property" in a weeks time.

I'm not convinced what, if anything, this remote engineer visit will achieve as I was receiving a perfectly good broadband service with my previous supplier and the only thing that has changed is that I have replaced the old router with the new vodafone one.

I'm still within my 14 day cooling off period so I have the option, and am tempted, to return to my previous broadband supplier.

In the meantime, can anyone please recommend/suggest anything that I can try to resolve the problem?

Many thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @1jsm1 

It appears you've done all you can with the settings and showing your cables set up and going through all the troubleshooting tips the Broadband Team have asked you to do.

Do you have spare cables to try ?

Can you perform another reset on your router ?

Check the ports settings.

I'm wondering what would happen if you tried your previous router if it's compatible  !

Some relevant information is in 》HOW-TO-Use-a-third-party-router-on-Vodafone-VDSL 

Other than that if there is 'nothing untoward in your routers settings / Vodafone App and a search of the Vodafone Community Forum does not yield any further help you may have to await the engineers visit.

Maybe try the Vodafone Social Media Team via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries although they may only be able to go over what you've done already.

Vodafone may have to send you a replacement router.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your additional recommendations, BandOfBrothers

Unfortunately, they have not done the trick.

I've suggested a router replcament but am currently being told that my router is fine.

I'll give the Vodafone Social Media Support team a try as suggested and just wait I suppose.

Thanks again!

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome @1jsm1 

I appreciate how vital it is to be connected at the best of times never mind these unprecedented times.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi, did you get this sorted as I have the same issue.. switched from EE but now no Internet connection. Just red flashing light on Internet light. Very annoying as was perfect with with EE just more expensive!

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Minimad99 I'm disappointed to hear you're having problems getting connected. We understand how important this is at the moment. Your service can connect at any time up to 23:59 on your go live date. If you're still experiencing problems after this time, pop us a private message through one of our social channels with a link to your post and your Community user name and I'm sure we'll get everything up and running for you.

Already done that, still no luck. Was told on Friday it's an open reach issue and would be sorted in 48 hours. Still not working! Outrageous, say 5 since "live date" and nothing. Wish I hadn't switched and should have kept my mobile with EE too as the mobile data was faster too.

A huge disappointment for such a large company, there really isn't an excuse to get it this wrong.

Hi @Minimad99, if you send us a message on Twitter, Facebook or WebChat, the team will be able to provide you with an update. All of the contact details can be founds here 🙂

All sorted now after 6 days. No reason given, just suddenly came online hours after speaking to tech team and doing the same processes i had done numerous times before.

The advisor couldn't sort it so booked an open reach app for 2 days later and about 5 hours later service came up.

Open reach still attended and upgraded my master socketto the latest built in filter one, so thats a bonus.

Still no idea what the issue was but its fixed.