main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Broadband connection

Router no IP address

ashleigh9008
4: Newbie

received a new router yesterday due to old one being faulty(it wasnt i was receiving internet with it) now i have no internet at all i can connect but no internet connection. This has been raised to tech team but no answers from them at all. When i log into the router it tells me no ip address could this be the reason for no internet connection? I was left a couple of weeks ago without broadband for 17days and now facing the same issue! 

View more options
21 REPLIES 21
clint_flick
11: Established

Hi

I would ask for more details.....

What device(s) are you using?

Can any of those devices do a ping?

If so.....

C:\>ping 127.0.0.1

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

C:\>ping 192.168.1.1

C:\>ping 13.107.4.52

#########

View more options
Jayach
16: Advanced member

During the recent fault finding on my problems I was sent a new router. It would appear they have to "re-provision" the new router to your account, which as far as I can tell simply means registering the new serial number.

Both first and second line tried for hours to do it but were unable to get anywhere. Eventually the call was passed to third line. After a day without broadband and having heard nothing I called second line again and this time the agent decided to investigate the actual fault and Openreach were called out.

They never did get the new router working and it's still in it's box.

View more options
ashleigh9008

They reprovisioned this yesterday when i received it and called them. They have now raised it to tech team which i have had no joy with before so i wont be holding my breath. I cant even switch back to my old router as they took this back yesterday when i received the new one! I am now looking at other providers as vodafone have been nothing but problems.

View more options
ashleigh9008

I am trying to connect via my phone and also with ethernet but nothing! I have tried a speed test and ping test but no joy as no internet connection.

View more options
ashleigh9008

Screenshot_20201010-123210_Samsung Internet.jpg

View more options
Jayach

If it was working and now isn't I would just recheck the connection between the router and the phone socket. I'm surprised they have taken back the old router, DPD just delivered mine and there was no info on what to do with the old one.

View more options
ashleigh9008

It has been took apart and put back in 3 times and still nothing! I have never had a router taken back either but this was requested by them! Still showing no ip address and now internet light is flashing white rather than a solid white light.

View more options
Jayach

When you first log into the router does it show a connection speed?

View more options
ashleigh9008

Not that i can see?

View more options
Jayach

You can't really miss it. I've attached a picture but it will probably take ages to be moderated.

Screenshot 2020-10-10 141621.jpg

If a speed is shown it means you are connected to the other end, if it shows 0/0 then you are disconnected.

If you have a speed shown but still get no I.P.address then the Vodafone authentication servers are probably rejecting you. Possibly the reprovisioning need to be done again.

View more options
ashleigh9008

Thanks i will keep an eye out for the image. I am not great with these things and vodafone dont seem to want to help either! My internet was great yesterday 78mbps until i swapped the router and now nothing wish i had just now left it with the old router.

View more options
clint_flick

Hi

If all 3 ping tests failed, then maybe your DEVICE is at fault, not vodafone.

127.0.0.1 tests for an installed adapter.

192.168.1.1 is as far as the router/modem.

View more options
Jayach

@ashleigh9008 wrote:

When i log into the router it tells me no ip address could this be the reason for no internet connection?

clint_flick's post made me wonder about this comment. I assumed you meant the router says no IP, but do you mean your device says no IP?

View more options
ashleigh9008

Yes the router has no IP address or internet connection.

View more options
Jayach

Have you been able to get back to Vodafone and what are they doing about it?

View more options
ashleigh9008

I spoke with them yesterday and was told to turn the router off at midnight as the third line where dealing with it and said it would be resolved by then. I have done this and still no internet! I have tried calling tech team but after 1hr 45min on hold i have had to give up. The customer service is a disgrace with vodafone and a complaint has now been logged.

View more options
Drdolantin
2: Seeker

I have the same issue:  no IP address.

Router model: THG3000

@ Clint_flick

I have done the three ping test:

C:\>ping 127.0.0.1   successful

C:\>ping 192.168.1.1  successful

C:\>ping 13.107.4.52   failed

What does this mean? 

Many thanks for your help. Best wishes.

View more options
Jayach

@Drdolantin wrote:

C:\>ping 127.0.0.1   successful

C:\>ping 192.168.1.1  successful

C:\>ping 13.107.4.52   failed

What does this mean? 

It means your LAN (Local area network) is working, but the WAN (Wide area network) i.e. the broadband is down.

But then you already new that.

View more options
clint_flick

Hi

""(it wasnt i was receiving internet with it)""

This is me now guessing.

So you have 2 routers that do not connect / receive an Internet connection?

You need to start at the basics and do a LandLine test.    Dial 17070

https://support.zen.co.uk/kb/Knowledgebase/Performing-a-Quiet-Line-Test

Plug into the TEST SOCKET.

If the LandLine works replace it with the Original router and test that out.

You may have been dis-connected in the cabinet, or have a fault in the cabinet.

View more options