Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Setup Vigor 130 with Asus RT-AX82U

shrtwrec20
2: Seeker

Hi. Can someone help me. I’ve bought a vigor 130 modem and an Asus RT-AX82U, and I’m struggling to set them up. I’ve received my username and password from vodafone. Followed the setup on the router. When I get to the status page it shows a connection to the internet, but as soon as I try to access a website, the status switches to disconnected and doesn’t come back. 

The vigor has a solid green dsl light and the WAN light on the router stays illuminated the whole time. 

The physical connection tab in the modem shows good up and down speeds for my connection.  
The system status tab however shows WAN1 link status  as disconnected. 

Any help appreciated. 

5 REPLIES 5

shrtwrec20

image0.jpg.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay so your WAN settings on the Asus router should look similar to below (once approved):

Web capture_19-4-2021_211854_router.png

*Mods, those DNS settings are the DEFAULT VODAFONE DNS SERVERS - I'm not revealing anything about my account here!

So, on the router the physical connection should look something like this:

PhysConnect.png

I guess what you are concerned about is the "system status" page:

sysstat.png

The WAN1 setting is always going to show as disconnected unless you are connecting this to a Vigor router

As a guess, I'd tend to think that the issue may be that your username is either incorrect or incomplete (missing @ broadband.vodafone.co.uk).

My password does contain the correct suffix. I tried replacing the @ with a . As per another thread I found, but this returned an incorrect login error which tells me the one I’m using  is correct as it does not report the same error. 

I will check your images against mine once approved. 

thanks

OK, I've had a minute to try it again and have checked my settings against yours.  Made some adjustments to make them the same, but still can't load any web pages :Sad_face:

Network map.PNG

WAN.PNG

  

Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I'm assuming that on the router you have : 

Web capture_22-4-2021_175443_modem.local.jpeg

This should be the default for the modem.

It's all looking very mysterious!

One thing that you can try is, connecting the WAN port on the VF router to Vigor modem.  Without changing any settings you should then be able to browse the internet - if you can't then at least we would know it's a modem setting error - or and this is still a possibility that VF has given you either the wrong username/password (way to common an issue).