cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Since switching to Vodafone broadband been unable to access ITV hub. Can access when not on Broadban

siepod
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

Since joining/switching to Vodafone broadband, ITV hub won't work. It will work for example on our phones etc via 4g, but not when connected to the Wi-Fi. I've looked if there are any settings I may need to change, tried a reset, checked the IP address allocated is UK based, googled similar problems etc and now I'm stuck what else to look at/try, so any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

That's very strange @siepod 🤔 Can you not connect to the ITV hub on any device whilst connected to Wi-Fi? Do you get any kind of error message? 

Thanks for reaching out.

Hi, just an "Unable to play video" message that appears to relate to geolocation in some way as had exactly the same issue with BBC iPlayer etc when I tried those too. After speaking to the help desk, I am now able to access finally. For reference, we did the following steps

Set Primary DNS as 8 8 8 8

Secondary DNS 8 8 4 4

Split the wi-fi signal to 2.4 & 5ghz separate (was already set as that on mine)

Did a hard router reset (pin in the back, wait till all lights off then wait another 5-7 seconds). Once everything was back up then I was able to access the content again. Not sure which steps of the above worked as I'd already done a soft reset, and not sure how the above would work as assuming a hard router reset would deem the above obsolete, but anyway, regardless it worked, so makes sense to share it in case anyone else ever suffers the same/a similar problem.

TJ

That's great @siepod - I'm glad to hear you're up and running! Thanks for sharing those steps too, they could be helpful for other members of the Vodafone Community 👍