Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Strange router behaviour

gaelliott61
1: Seeker

Let me begin by stating that I have reset my router.

A week ago, some devices in my house lost their wi-fi connection. When I came to reattach them to the wi-fi, I found that the SSID was not visible. However, the SSID was visible to those devices that had been unaffected.

I tried splitting the channel and this revealed that the 5GHz SSID was visible to all unaffected devices, but not to the previously affected devices. The 2.4GHz SSID was not visible to any device.

The main device that is affected is my Samsung TV (latest firmware installed) through which I view my streaming services.

Has anybody experience the issue before and is there ready solution to hand?

1 REPLY 1

Cynric
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@gaelliott61  This is very common. Some devices cannot "see" 2.4GHz channels 12 & 13. It's because certain countries do not licence those two radio frequencies.

As the THG3000 router has had a lot of it's functionality hidden/automated you are left with two options; use 5GHz or force a rescan of the 2.4GHz until it decides to use a lower channel number. IF you have a neighbour using 12 and/or 13 and you can move the router enough to make their signal appear stronger you may increase the chance of the channel change being effective.

Otherwise; get another router, get a range extender you can control. These ideas have been discussed on this Forum.