Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

System Self reboots from day 1

dlumsden
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Just had fibre broadband installed by CityFibre last week. The speed is great inbetween the constant system reboots with the reason "System Self"

As this service has never worked can I just cancel the whole thing, take my phone number and go back to BT. It was slower but was much more reliable that I what I now have.

5 REPLIES 5

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @dlumsden - of course we'd hate to see you go and would love the opportunity to look into these reboots for you. Please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker. 

If you're still having trouble, of course you're more than welcome to cancel whilst in your cooling off period.

Looks like same issue as most people are having with wireless devices. i have turned wireless off and using a seperate wirelass access point. Is this an accepted fault and is there a fix?

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @dlumsden, we're unaware of this issue on a grandscale to be honest with you. Can you please message us on social media as asked by TJ? This will allow us to run some diagnostics and hopefully fix the issue. 

Hi - I had a router that rebooted every 40 minutes.  you could watch the memory usage increase until it reaches 90% and it self-rebooted. After an hour on phone, checking connection to master port etc etc, then  an Openreach engineer arrived checking a line fault (which I didn't have), Another was sent another as a replacement. 

Worked like a charm until I added my USB hard drive (Yes this was connected to the original router), then it self-rebooted every 40 minutes or so.  Removed external USB hard drive, all works fine.  Software issue in firmware?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds similar to an issue with the VOX 2.5 router, which if you had twonky (came installed on the router originally) enabled or you enabled DLNA on the router it would go into a boot loop if you installed a drive with more than just a few tracks on it.  However, with the VOX 2.5 it did this much quicker and heated up enough to melt the glue on the labels on the case (I've a video of this somewhere).

*Still somewhat dubious about VFs IPv6 trials leaking on to the live network sporadically, which when they suddenly disappear again can cause issues with some devices.