Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple Watch Causes new Vox 3 Router to Crash and loose internet access

boardmann
4: Newbie

Ive had an appalling experience with Vodafone a red cable link issue is only the tip of the iceburg.

Since they sent me there new router to try to rectify some issues ive been having its been randemly crashing sometimes every ten mins or so.

I have today been informed by the Directors office that there is a compatability problem between Apples Watch and the firmware installed in the new router causing random crashes on the new Vox 3 router it just reboots causing it to loose internet access.

I was just amazed that Vodafone could send out these new routers with such a massive problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I just spoke with Vodafone. The Tech 2 team in India are incorrectly telling people that the issue is fixed and you need to do a factory reset to resolve the issue.  This is not correct.

I then spoke to Vodafone Tech 2 in the UK and they say that they are being overwhelmed with fault calls as lots of people got watches for Christmas. 

They say that they are still working on a fix and this will be pushed out in phases starting in about a week's time.

Apparently you may lose service for a while whilst the firmware update is applied. 

I suggest you take a note of your firmware versions and check back daily to see when you get the update. Then switch your watch back on and pray like crazy it's fixed the problem!

I was told compensation would be applied automatically if you logged a ticket with Vodafone, but clearly keep an eye on that!

Good luck everyone, at least Vodafone know what the issue is, and it is a priority for them. 

View solution in original position

63 REPLIES 63

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for getting in touch @boardmann - it's really disappointing to hear about these drops that you've been having. As our Directs Office are the highest point of escalation for your complaint, they'll continue to deal with this and keep you updated. 

It's appalling really that a new router can be sent out to the public with these firmware faults.

The previous version 2 router also had connection problems with Apple products but this issue takes it to a new level of incompetence.

i have 2 apple watches connected and am suffering the same dropping out, may well be this is my problem?

Possibly, try turning off wi-fi on your Apple Watches for 24 hours to see if this resolves the situation then you will know.

Slide up on your Apple Watch screen and turn the blue wi-fi icon to off.

Well after 1 day with both Apple watches and iphones disconnected from the th3000 router , i have now had no disconnections after 24 hours.

Early days, but this has not happened since i changed the router over 10 days or so ago.

Hoping my speed will now pick up from 18meg to the minimum 33meg stated in my contract.

I was at 40 meg with sky and stable.

Work that one out!

48 hours with no dropped connections whilst having no apple products connected to the th3000 router.

Speed still stuck at 18 meg 😞 so have now escalated with live chat to a support ticket.

72 hours given for a response.

Chat stated they may need to send an engineer, i tried to explain what i have found but very little was absoprbed by the operator!

Surely if i am having diconnnections and now hopefully it is stable my line can just be increased back to the speed i was given at the start max55 minimum 32m?

DLM.

Hi, Send an email to the directors office explaining your dissatisfaction and the poor sevice you have recieved.

You should hopefully receive a response within a few days,  send it to Nick Jeffery he's Vodafone's CEO  and use your account number as a reference.

Youll find his email on google as you cant post them on this forum.

Best of Luck

NB

Complained to Ceo and also official complaint asking to leave due to unable to be able to use my apple products and thus nit a usable service.

Anybody thinking of joining vodafone, think again , I have never had any trouble with my broadband before (sky)but the vodafone package whilst cheaper is just not worth the hassle.

By the way my line is still stable after 60 hours, totally unprecedented with the th3000, but all apple products disconnected.:-(

Now 3 days without any disconnection, totally unprecedented.

Stillstuck on 18 meg and no sign of any speed improvement also no sign of any response from CS ref my ticket.