Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

TP Link Archer 2800 as router

P3asa
3: Seeker

Hi folks,

Ive been trying for most of the day to have my router TP Link 2800 connect to Vodafone instead of the THG3000

I've got my username and password and the settings from Vodafone but regardless of what I do it won't connect.

I had tried most of the settings Vodafone included in their text but have since read on here you don't have to change much if anything at all.

I had been messing about with VLAN, Authentication type and MTU then as I've said noticed a lot of forum posts stating, turn VLAN off and it should work but hasn't for me.

I'm on FTTP 910Mbps which I believe is via Openreach as I get 109Mbps upload.

So changing the username and password only on my TP Link 2800 doesn't connect me.

Anyone using this router or have any other suggestions?

I'm about to ask again for my username and password to make sure I've been given the correct details.

12 REPLIES 12

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

The VLAN only needs to be off if the fttp service is openreach. If it's Cityfibre then it's 911, if it's Kingston Communications then it's 101.

Alex_456

Tried again yesterday- was set up within 5 minutes. Thanks again

Ripshod

Correct. The essential settings come from Vodafone's provisioning server automatically. Occasionally a router that has already been used needs a factory reset to force the provisioning, but that's actually a rare occurrence.