Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

TPLink Archer AX73 - AX5400 unable to get internet connection with Gigafast 900

Reinz
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone may be able to shed some light on what I'm doing wrong here.  I've been having some problems with my Vodafone WiFi hub where my WiFi connection drops randomly or I experience high packet loss which is noticeable while on calls.   In an effort to fix this issue I've purchased the TP-Link Archer AX73 wireless router to replace the Vodafone router.

I've contacted VF and have obtained my PPPOE auth information and have configured these settings on the router, I also have read that sometimes you need to configure VLAN on the router (911 for CityFibre, 101 for OpenReach).    Unfortunately, I've had no joy with either setting.  I've performed many reboots of the TP-Link router and the cityfibre ONT and am no further forward, the WAN LED just stays amber and on the admin portal, it states "connecting"

I am using the WAN port on the TP-Link router and connecting directly to the CityFibre ONT modem.   If anyone has any ideas or suggestions it would be appreciated.  Thank you!

20 REPLIES 20

Hi Reinz

Excellant thank you for your prompt reply, i'll have another go today.

Happy New Year!

Bren

Hello Reinz, can’t thank you enough for having posted this, I was pulling my hair yesterday trying to set up the AX73 for my gigabit Fiber connection! I have now a fully working router! Thanks again! I live in a town house and now I am getting close to 500mbps in the top floor and the router being placed in the ground floor in the living room so very happy. Also on my iPhone 13 Pro next to the router I get close to 800 and over 800 upload! Many thanks again. 

I know this is an old thread but are you able to share a screenshot of each step you took during the set up for the life of me I am unable to get it working. It just won’t connect to the internet I received my username and password over text so copied them across any help will be greatly appreciated! 

Hello Jakkobo

this is what I used for mine and it worked, hope this will work for you too. Good luck :Smiling:IMG_0198.jpeg

Thanks digzy

Any chance you could drop a link for the pic? Can’t seem to view it.

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@Jakkobo it has to be approved before the picture is available.

Hello it seems the photo is now available for you to see hope it will help! 

Hello! Apologies for another ping on this post - I'm trying to set up the same router, filled in the details as per your screenshot but when it gets to testing the internet connection it fails saying there's no internet.

Already done factory reset etc, was this something you encountered at all? The router is plugged into the box cityfibre installed on the wall and via the WAN port.

Any help appreciated 🙂 

Ripshod

You've probably already seen it but, have you set the WAN VLANID to 911?

It was the VLAN priority. Set it to 0 and it sailed through