Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

TPLink Archer AX73 - AX5400 unable to get internet connection with Gigafast 900

Reinz
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone may be able to shed some light on what I'm doing wrong here.  I've been having some problems with my Vodafone WiFi hub where my WiFi connection drops randomly or I experience high packet loss which is noticeable while on calls.   In an effort to fix this issue I've purchased the TP-Link Archer AX73 wireless router to replace the Vodafone router.

I've contacted VF and have obtained my PPPOE auth information and have configured these settings on the router, I also have read that sometimes you need to configure VLAN on the router (911 for CityFibre, 101 for OpenReach).    Unfortunately, I've had no joy with either setting.  I've performed many reboots of the TP-Link router and the cityfibre ONT and am no further forward, the WAN LED just stays amber and on the admin portal, it states "connecting"

I am using the WAN port on the TP-Link router and connecting directly to the CityFibre ONT modem.   If anyone has any ideas or suggestions it would be appreciated.  Thank you!

20 REPLIES 20

Jayach
16: Advanced member

The first possibility is Vodafone have given you the wrong PPPoE credentials.

Confirm them with live chat and ask it they can copy and paste them in as some letters/numbers can easily be confused. 

Oops, forgot the link. https://www.vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd/

Thanks Jayach for your response.  I herd this might be a possibility.  I actually got my PPPOE details three weeks ago, I've contacted Vodafone again today and requested them a second time and they are exactly the same as what was previously provided.  So I'm pretty certain they should be correct.

Jayach

Are you using the quick setup wizard? I haven't used that router myself, but it should be a pretty standard setup, except for the 911 VLAN.

Archer AX73 V1 User Guide | TP-Link

Initially I skipped the setup wizard because I didn't have the WAN cable connected at the time, I then entered the PPPOE details after it initialized.  Because this didn't work I then factory reset the router and tried using the setup wizard.

CrimsonLiar

Just quickly the username and password should be in the following format:

id.png

*Any admins reading this the above are not my actual username and password please dont delete!

Hi guys,

Thanks for your response.  Just to let you know I did another factory reset on the router and went through the process again.

It went through this time!  Not sure why, perhaps it was a case of fat fingers when typing in the PPPOE details.  I'll put a screenshot below in case anyone is trying to setup the same router.

router_settings.png

Very pleased, I was losing hope. Thanks again for both of your help.

Hi Reinz

I read your post with great interest tonight, as today, pulled almost my hair out trying to install my AX73 for number of hours, so will persevere especially with your last post.

Hi Reinz

Apologies, forgot to ask, with your VF router, is it still left on? any ethernet wires in the back at all? The reason i ask this is when i spoke with VF there advice was i could turn it off.

Thanks in advance

Hi Beech,

No the original Vodafone router is no longer plugged in, it's now gathering dust in a box.   I have an Ethernet cable going from the CityFibre ONT to the WAN port on the back of the TPLink AX73.

Hope that helps, good luck!