main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Broadband connection

TV connecting to network but not internet

Highlighted
2: Seeker

For a few weeks the wifi on my TV kept dropping out and needing reconnected, it now won't connect at all, it is connecting to the network but not the internet. I have reset router, TV, wifi, forgot & reconnected the wifi, manually set DNS on router and TV, (which after a lengthy webchat with Vodafone was assured would definitely work) and nothing is making any difference. Phone and tablet are connecting fine.

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
16: Advanced member

More and more these kinds of issues look as though they are associated with Vodafone's "content filtering", which still seems to kick in even if you've turned it off in your account settings (not a router setting).

If you've not already done so it's probably best to manually set your DNS servers to some combination of those from Cloudflare 1.0.0.1 & 1.1.1.1 and Google DND 8.8.4.4 & 8.8.8.8

Personally, if I were using these I'd use one from each!

*You can normally set these on the router or in some cases you could set them directly on the TV.

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

Is the TV obtaining an IP address? might be worth setting one manually.

View more options