cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

The Vodafone Hub won’t connect (BT System seems occupied)

JohnsonChung
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I move to new apartment, I found it was a BT hub user before, but I changed to Vodafone as internet provider. After I received the new hub and follow the instructions paper from the box to connect the Vodafone hub, but it is not work totally ......

I have try: 1) There are BT Openrich Phone Socket already on the wall, therefore I try plug the microfilter and connect the internet cable into the Vodafone hub’s red internet port in between, however the internet signal showed flashing red light, not working at all; 2) There is a BT hub that plug in with a fibre. Unlike BT hub, the Vodafone Hub has no fibre plug itself, therefore I try connect BT hub LAN port with a LAN cable to Vodafone blue WAN port and see it is work or not. The Vodafone hub start change to write flashing light, but when I try connect to internet, it still not working at all, it always tell me reloaded, reloaded........ no internet found........ l have already try unplug,  shut down the hub, reconnect again and again but still not work......, Is there anything I can try pass though the BT System, it seems that the BT System occupy everything, very frustrating, please help!

1 REPLY 1

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

The first question would be how was the BT hub connected when you moved in?

If it was connected via it's fibre connection to a box on the wall (not the phone socket), it is likely you have a FTTP service. Try to connect the Vodafone hub to duplicate the previous set-up. The WAN port on the Vodafone is probably equivalent to the fibre connection on the BT. (I don't know the BT hubs)

What service do you have from Vodafone, is it Superfast or Gigafast?