cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Today is my booked activation day but I have not had a follow up email or any details

CAMPSE
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

My open order WEB-0001000024618514 cannot be accessed and I have had no follow up email about an engineer or that connection is today to my old BT socket??

11 REPLIES 11

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

If you are on FTTC/VDSL2 there likely is no engineer visit, it's just a case of plugging in the new router and following the installation guide included with it.

If you are switching to full fibre then if you don't receive an estimated arrival time, you'll probably have to speak to customer services!

TechnicalMarvel
4: Newbie

Mine is today aswell and I had the exact same thing.  They hadn’t even dispatched me a router and then apologised on DPD’s behalf despite them not having anything to actually deliver to me.  They have apparently rush dispatched me a router for which I will

get a text (of course I haven’t!) and all this after me keeping check and them saying yes yes it’s fine and all going to plan.  Luckily I have my own router so asked them for the user and password details which they hadn’t go so had to go through to multiple people with one saying ‘we don’t do that’ before they would create one for my account and even then they gave me the wrong information but luckily I’d searched the forum and knew what it should be.  I still haven’t had any openreach texts saying we’ll be with you at xx time either and  my sky broadband is due to be switched off today so they better come through for me.  So far the level of service is rubbish with Vodafone 🤬

@TechnicalMarvel wrote:

Mine is today aswell and I had the exact same thing.  They hadn’t even dispatched me a router and then apologised on DPD’s behalf despite them not having anything to actually deliver to me.  They have apparently rush dispatched me a router for which I will

get a text (of course I haven’t!) and all this after me keeping check and them saying yes yes it’s fine and all going to plan.  Luckily I have my own router so asked them for the user and password details which they hadn’t go so had to go through to multiple people with one saying ‘we don’t do that’ before they would create one for my account and even then they gave me the wrong information but luckily I’d searched the forum and knew what it should be.  I still haven’t had any openreach texts saying we’ll be with you at xx time either and  my sky broadband is due to be switched off today so they better come through for me.  So far the level of service is rubbish with Vodafone 🤬

Welcome to the world of Vodafone, bless ya you are in for a rough ride, and it will only get worse 

They've sorted it out! I went straight to the top and it got sorted. New order placed, with install date of 21st December.  They pushed through to the 7th, 2 months free by way of an apology, and I will be doing the same thing again if they mess me about again! In the e-mail i gave them the full story about the support so hopefully they'll sort things out a bit now.

.@TechnicalMarvel Marvellous (sorry couldn't resist the pun) now this "route to the top" needs to be shared with the community please. There are many folks collectively banging their heads against a brick wall here. 

look up the  ceo email website.  And search for Vodafone.  Explain your frustrations in detail and politely and send.  Nice and easy 

That's the escalations department ( directors office which is actually the complaints department ) 

.@TechnicalMarvel As a well known popular search engine is currently returning more than one possible email address, it would help the community if you would "spill the beans" as you have only just had a good outcome.

@TechnicalMarvel wrote:

They've sorted it out! I went straight to the top and it got sorted. New order placed, with install date of 21st December.  They pushed through to the 7th, 2 months free by way of an apology, and I will be doing the same thing again if they mess me about again! In the e-mail i gave them the full story about the support so hopefully they'll sort things out a bit now.

funny that's what they told me 8 times in a row and Vodafone re-ordered the broadband 8 times, only took 8/10 weeks to get connected, and then about 3 months to get it working properly.  ps there are higher departments than that  8 x account.png