Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Usenet throttling

Oxide32
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all, so I've just recently had gigafast 500 installed and it's been great so far, until last night when my Usenet speed has dropped from over 60 Mbps to 6. It's not my provider so it has to be Vodafone throttling, I'm trying to run a car enthusiasts forum and with my speeds so drastically cut its almost useless. I only became a gigafast user one month ago so that's a bit drastic. Anyone got any ideas.

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as anyone here seems to know, Vodafone does not deliberately throttle traffic.  You are not the only Gigafast subscriber with appalling download speeds, and on other sites, there is an explanation being offered and, it would appear that CityFibre is aware and is supposed to be looking for a fix.

Thank you for the reply, it was brilliant speed until 2 nights ago, now it's gone awful, slower than the sky broadband which is actually ADSL, I do hope they fix this as I would hate to leave.

Heinrich
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I think they are doing something. My speeds have been throttled right to near useless internet in the evenings since August. It's taken two weeks for them to look into it and they're still messing me around without a real solution. Take a look at my speed test results : https://www.speedtest.net/results?sh=d133004490f7b5323d044740d5660ccc

Posting this reply my download speed is 1.25mbps as supposed to 24mbps.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @Heinrich and @Oxide32, I understand how important it is to have a stable connection, especially now!

Unfortunately, we don't have access to accounts or Gigafast test systems through our forums, so I would advise speaking to the dedicated Gigafast team on 0333 304 0191 so that they can test your line and see what's what.