Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VOIP Adaptor

DJDanny90000
4: Newbie

Vodafone should allow Vodafone Broadband Customers to use there own VOIP Adaptors. Because the Vodafone Wi-Fi Hub Routers all ISP Routers are crap and completely rubbish. If I had No the choice to use Vodafone's Router for VOIP they can say goodbye because there equipment is cheap rubbish.

12 REPLIES 12

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member

While I agree that those who wish to use their own VOIP adapter should be able to obtain the settings, I'm trying to think where this gets us, and is there a more constructive route forward.  Maybe we should be petitioning OFCOM through http://change.org to have the service made available for use with third-party equipment!

Jayach

@DJDanny90000 wrote:

Vodafone should allow Vodafone Broadband Customers to use there own VOIP Adaptors. Because the Vodafone Wi-Fi Hub Routers all ISP Routers are crap and completely rubbish. If I had No the choice to use Vodafone's Router for VOIP they can say goodbye because there equipment is cheap rubbish.

I actually think the THG3000 is not a bad router, so I wouldn't call it cheap rubbish. However the decisions Vodafone have made to limit it's features are regrettable, but understandable in the market they are targeting.

Can't disagree on the other point, you should be allowed to use your own VoIP hardware.

It lacks security cheap rubbish 

Ripshod

The fact that voip numbers can be set up and used on your mobile wherever you are means Vodafone will likely never give these treasured details out. Why would they give up very profitable per-minute call forwarding or trunking? It's purely profit that's stopping this happening in the near future, and the only way they'll ever give up this lucrative sideline is by court or government order.

Jayach

What security does it lack? If you are referring to WPA3, because your iPhone tells you, then so do lots of older routers.

Everything it only has rubbish firewall no decent security 

Jayach

@DJDanny90000 wrote:

Everything it only has rubbish firewall no decent security 

That is the same as many ISP supplied routers, fortunately Vodafone give you the choice to use your own, if you don't like it.

That’s why I have been using my own for years my Netgear Router has Netgear Armour that protects the Router and all devices 

Jayach

Then there is no reason not to be using your own VoIP adapter or phone, as suggested by @WelshPaul.

The cost of the VoIP service will be offset by the lower call charges.