Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VPN usage

Chris34731
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

im having my broadband fitted hopefully on 14th may. i am currently with virgin media and cannot wait to get rid of the bad service they have provided over the last 12 months. I went for vodafone as the broadband is cheap because i have vodafone mobile and there were no upfront costs when signing up. 

Ive read alot of reviews on trust pilot alot of bad reviews about broadband speeds, lines dropping out etc 

please give me your honest opinions about Vodafone broadband ive gone for the fibre 2 package had decent broadband with sky a few years ago never had any issues with it one thing that is bothering me is vodafone claim they can provide me with speeds up to 55mb but when looking at BT, Sky, Plusnet they can only supply 37mb so why is vodafone any different as it all comes through openreachs line.

last question ive read online about VPNs do not work with vodafone broadband which is a huge problem for me as i am currently working from home and i have to connect to a VPN on my work laptop to access works systems.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Vodafone's Superfast 2 package relies on the OpenReach network, so don't expect it to be any faster than speeds that BT have quoted you!

As for VPN connections.  The only thing that will prevent you from using a VPN is if you are trying to set up the Vodafone modem/router as the client.  If you are setting up an individual computer then VPNs work as well as they do on any other internet provider.