Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Broadband Equipment question

abductedcraig01
3: Seeker

Hi,

I'm due to be connected to VF BB in about a week's time.

I took out the Full Fibre 900 package £31

It comes with the THG 3000 Router as standard.

Can anyone help me with a few questions I have regarding the Equipment  ....

Would the newer Ultra WiFi 6E Router and Boosters work on this package?

I did ask VF Chat help and they said yes it would work, and gave me my login details to use with it.

But,  I'm not sure they understood what I was asking, So thought I would double check here.

Also the WiFi back up box is that unlocked to any network. If it's not, could I use the Box with a VF SIM card if I bought one?

Basically Im wondering if I could buy an Ultra Router 6E, Booster, and WiFi Box from eBay and use them on the Full Fibre 900 ?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

39 REPLIES 39

Have you tried wiring it up and leaving it for a while?

My eBay bought VF router rebooted around 4 or 5 times with long intervals in between.

After that it was connected and working fine.

VF knew I bought my kit from eBay and still helped me out.

As far as I know you do own the kit as others have said.

They did offer to upgrade me officially for £37 a month with a £80 credit to the account..

I guess it depends who you speak to on the phone at the time - I tried leaving it but the kids were moaning about the drops 😅 - I was having a mess about tonight for a bit but for some reason it's just saying connected without Internet- the router is paired and connected on the vodafone app which is something the THG3000 wouldn't do 

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

@Jayach posted on another thread that according to the contract the equipment is ours after a set time - it may have been as little as a month. He posted a screenshot. I'd do the same but I can't get the page up (it's obscured by a stupid upgrade banner). 

I've just got these dropouts every half hour or so where the light cycles blue, red and solid white - upon looking further into it even those who have the Ultra Hub who are in a contract also have the same issues with dropouts on the Ultra Hub- I would consider the upgrade to £38 a month for the better router but if I'm going to be in the same boat there is no point 

Update - 

I upgraded my contract in May I can't remember the package names but for £38 a month VF provide you with the new Power Hub and a booster, I've found this to be stable, no dropouts it's a massive difference compared to the THG3000.

Now a few months back I purchased a Ultra Hub from eBay and every few minutes it was dropping out, the VOIP said no line and the light on the front flashed red. VF offered no support as it was a 3rd party router but did say it wouldn't work as I didn't have a PROII plan.

Moving forward - I decided to upgrade again to the PROII which went live on June the 26th, however the ultra hub they issued gave me the exact same issues as I had before I took out the PROII plan, I'd try to login to the router to configure it and it would drop out - that was it for me I boxed the Ultra Hub up and have it ready to return to VF, I'm downgrading my plan as I have a 14 day cool off period.

So to sum it up here the best VF router I've tried and tested flawlessly is the new Power Hub. 

Out of curiosity has anyone else here had a issue with the Ultra Hub?

CrimsonLiar

Regards who owns the equipment:  I thought this had changed, but no, it still says ownership passes to the subscriber 14 days after the service activation date.
Frankly, (Anne are you reading this?) the T&Cs need some updating as they kind of imply the use of xDSL connections and not FTTP, so there are some irrelevancies in there!

I've been having a play about with the Vodafone equipment I've tested the Ultra Hub using it as a slave router and keeping the THG3000 as the main router and connected the booster - this was very successful for making a good strong connection to my ring doorbell and the wifi connection on my android phone displayed the 6g icon on the wifi icon. I've since removed the second router and gone solely to the THG3000 but this time I've separated the 2.4 and 5G SSID's and although before doing this I'd get random dropouts on my 5G android I've found that the 5G isn't dropping out but the 2.4 is dropping out intermittently and the Vodafone app has detected a fault so just waiting for the tech guys to contact me 

abductedcraig01

What I have noticed and don't understand is this warning.......

"Super Wi-Fi is running your Wi-Fi settings. Please use the Super Wi-Fi tile in the Home Broadband App to manage your settings"

I can't see any super wifi tile on the App, has this been removed?  Any ideas?

The other thing is my Son has noticed high pings in his gaming,

I don't know if that's VF in general or its the VF Router at fault.

I've wondered this myself where the super wifi tile is and you can't even split the wifi bands any longer - was causing havoc with my ring doorbell as it couldn't connect - however on the power hub that vodafone have supplied I have a solid connection to the ring doorbell but I'm using a vodafone booster and a ring chime pro as a go between which has helped 

JamesB197
4: Newbie

Hmmm....this is interesting. I have just posted my own query about the 910 package after a mid-contract upgrade, with the THG3000 unable to provide anything close to 900Mbps unless connected via ethernet. It is pretty poor of Vodafone to be flogging the THG3000 to new customers knowing full well that its capability is limited.