Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Credentials for PPPoE

kalius
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi. I just got my GiGabit internet installed, but I want to move to my ASUS AC5300. I know I need PPPoE credentials. Who can provide this to me, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

911 if your service is provided by Cityfibre. For openreach try first with VLAN (802.1Q) disabled, then try 101 if that doesn't work. 

View solution in original position

21 REPLIES 21

Steph

Hey @kalius I hope you're well! Please drop our Social Media team a message here so they can securely access your account and get you the credentials you need. 

Connection is now sorted but I'm getting very slow connection regardless time of the day or router that I'm using.

Please advise.

CrimsonLiar

While there doesn't appear to be any reason for that drop in speed after the initial connection, it is something that's been reported here before.  Your options are to call customer services, but whether you wait a couple of days first in the hope it will "fix itself" which has sometimes appeared to be the case.

Ripshod

Speed can also vary depending on how it's tested.

Thankfully you have an Asus which has it's own speed tester in the QoS menu. Don't activate any QoS settings, just run the test.

(you probably tried this though) 

kalius_0-1654690524417.png

That's what I'm getting on Asus router. QoS is off.

Also what I've noticed CitiFibre did not provisioned my account properly so I can't see my plan when logged on to vodafone account. I'm not having much luch from the beginning. 

Ripshod

Have you tried power cycling the ONT?

It took four days for my plan to appear on my account so you could wait a little longer for it. I've also seen a few members posting about poor speeds only for things to come right after a few days.

If you want to contact an agent the best way is via https://www.vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd/.

This avoids TOBI and is a lot faster than vodafone's media channels. If you ordered by phone you could also contact them on that same number.

Chances are they'll ask you to use the vodafone router so if you have that plugged in when you contact them it'll save some time and they'll be able to query the router directly

I have rerbooted ONT few times. Then I called customer service. They have said that test will run 24h. Now I'm getting below 100Mb/s download and aroud 300Mb/s upload. 

I'm currently of hold with Vodafone for nearly an hour.

Hi.

Can I ask one more question please? Some of the websites are not opening and I've read DNS settings need to be adjusted to resolve this. What are the best settings for DNS on ASUS routers?

kalius_0-1654959435353.png

Thank You!

Jayach

I like to use Cloudflare and Google. 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 (you can do this on any router, even the Vodafone one)

Not using the Vodafone DNS servers bypasses the Vodafone parental control servers.