Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Pro II Broadband Can I upgrade to this

delpy8
4: Newbie

Ive only recently upgraded and only during this week added my wifi extender, to be honest if I had known about this newer 6E hardware I would have waited a few weeks,

Has anyone asked Vodafone for this upgrade and what does it cost?

10 REPLIES 10

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

For the fun of it I've just checked and I'm eligible for the upgrade. Just waiting for vf to email me the link to my personal offer and I'll let you know. 

Cynric

I've just looked at the advert and two things worry me from the start:

• WiFi Xperts
  • Vodafone Broadband App

Good luck .@Ripshod 😁

Ripshod

Yeah, I saw that too. Also read in there that they monitor your wifi for problems - make what you want of that.

As is the current standard for vf cs I'm still awaiting an email 😒

Cynric

Monitoring? That's why I had a second layer of network so that they only could see one device connected to the THG3000. 

CrimsonLiar

The monitoring of your WiFi for problems at least used to be a service built into the Technicolor router called WiFi-Doctor or something (working from memory).  It was always something that just looked at the issues the WiFi experienced, and didn't actually snoop on your data.  Vodafone certainly had access to that "system", whether they used it or not is doubtful!

Ripshod

Still no email. Maybe they don't want my money? [/sarc]

I don't wear a tin-foil hat but if I want anything monitoring I'll ask for it. I certainly don't want them intervening if I want to turn the WiFi off for a few hours. 

Ripshod

You've likely already guessed this but still no email.  😱

Im surprised no VF rep or mod has been on to help

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ripshod - I'm sorry to hear you haven't received the offer yet. Please contact our Sales team on 191 free from a Vodafone mobile or 03333 040 191 from a different phone. Our Upgrade team can then go through your options.