Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Router no internet

bruzehual
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Came downstairs this morning to see no internet on any of my devices. I checked the router and it had a red light under Internet and Voice. Im also able to login to the router. I don't know wh router login  y this happened but could someone help me out. 192.168.0.1 

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic content, please see Community Guidelines]

11 REPLIES 11

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @bruzehual! You might just need to reset your router if this hasn't resolved itself automatically. Please pop a pin or paperclip into the reset hole on your router itself for 30 seconds and this will reboot. If you're still having issues after the restart, you're able to raise a ticket with our technical team through your Vodafone Broadband app, or through our Social Media team here as we're unable to access accounts over the forum 🙂

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@Arhum65 Please do not put adverts in your posts.

Jayach

I suspect this whole thread is just a vehicle for the scammers. Even the first post has suspect links in it.

Ripshod

Spam sandwich anyone?

There's some kind of AI behind these new style relevant posts. Blame ChatGPT. 

😜

Cynric

Good spot! I didn't look so carefully. 

UPDATE: Those url's in the original post seem ok, I put them through the test at the urlvoid site.

Jayach

That why I said suspect, rather than scam, but what on earth are they doing there?

Ripshod

I just entered the topic into ChatGPT and got this response:

"If your Vodafone router is showing no internet connectivity, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Check the Vodafone service status: You can check the Vodafone service status page to see if there are any known outages or issues in your area.

2. Restart your router: Try turning your router off for 30 seconds and then turning it back on again. This will help to refresh the connection and may fix the issue.

3. Check the cables: Make sure that all the cables are properly connected to your router, including the power cable, phone cable, and Ethernet cable if applicable.

4. Check your device settings: Check to see if your device is correctly connected to your Wi-Fi network and that the Wi-Fi is turned on.

5. Reset your router: If the above steps do not work, try resetting your router to its default settings. You can do this by pressing and holding the reset button on the back of the router for 10 seconds.

If none of these steps work, you can contact Vodafone customer support for further assistance."

So it's now TOO easy for teenage code jockeys to post relevant replies without any work. There will be a lot more

Ripshod

First post, both links redirect to scam sites. 

Cynric

@Ripshod  Really? Wow, that's not what I expected give the clean report from urlvoid and I even asked urlvoid to show a screenshot. Next time I'll spin-up the unix sandbox and test with more care.