Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone are liars

Shelzy84
2: Seeker

I have recently joined Vodafone (sadly outside of the cooling off period) My broadband constantly disconnects during teams calls on my work laptop and every evening my on demand drops out. I have been in contact with Vodafone, the first time I spoke with them they blamed my work laptop interfering with the wifi. (Wasn't an issue when I was with BT) They then offered me a booster which unsurprisingly didn't help. I then called Vodafone again and got a call back from the technical team who changed my settings on my router, told me I didn't need the booster and that he guaranteed I would no longer have any drop outs. Low and behold more drop outs followed which is now significantly impacting on my work. I called Vodafone again and spoke to someone who first blamed the booster for being too close to the router (even though I was previously told I didn't need it) then she proceeded to blame my printer and then said it's because I have 14 devices including 2 using LAN cables and it was overloading the router. After being sick of all the lies I asked to be put through to the cancellation department. The call taker drop called me to the cancellation department and the staff member called Danny was annoyed that they had done that and hadn't explained anything, I had explained the situation to Danny and he was really annoyed on my behalf, confirmed that 14 devices doesn't overload the router as it can take 100. He wasn't comfortable charging me the £199 fee to exit and did his best to help, he thought a better router might help so spoke with a manager to get me one and they refused, he then called and spoke with another 'manager' who has now apparently changed some settings on my router and promised I won't have any more drop outs (which I've already had) she is apparently going to call me Monday but I'm pretty sure how this is going to go. Vodafone are absolute lying scumbags (with the exception of Danny in the cancellation team who needs a better job) Anyone have any tips to deal with these cretins and get my broadband working before I get sacked? 

1 REPLY 1

lurchy666

Which router is it, is it the black rectangle one or is it one of the newer ones...... i know the black router suffered from overheating when the wifi was on( i only have 5 items wifi and about 9 on ethernet) and i ended up buying my own router which i plugged into the vodafone router and turned the wifi off on the voda router and it worked perfect.... now ive got the ultra hub and i still have to have a fan under it as it gets hot and slows down. 

I even went through vodas trouble shooter for speed and basically they say its my items that is the issue not the router..... even tho when doing tests my laptop is only thing plugged into the router and it is still slowing down