Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone changed my number of 20 years!

joaovalle
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Vodafone have changed my number without permission.

After years on the same household I request a change of name on my broadband, I needed an static ip address so vodafone advise me that I needed to change my account to a business one.

First an engineer came and I told him my broadband still connected and I didn't know what he was doing in my home, he didn't know either check my connection and left.

He left and a couple of days late I got another email saying an engineer will be sent to my premises. Once the engineer was here he told me he needed to access the property to check something. 

He came did his checks and came back 1 hour later and all my broadband had gone. He assured me that this would be sorted in 24hrs.  And after a few days and a many phone calls my internet was back. 

this was just before the second week of December 21. Two days ago my wife called me and I did not recognised the number and she was calling from my home. 

After a few phone calls vodafone at the moment cannot reinstate my old number, apparently their computers says "NO". 

I have had this number for 19 years, NHS, Dentists, schools and a gamut of friends and family have that number as a contact. 

How could vodafone get it so wrong?

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

What's worse is that you've been lied to about needing a business account in order to get a static IP.  It'll be in your contract that you can get one static IP address on request!

So not only have you lost your phone number but you are probably being charged more for the privilege!

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@joaovalle wrote:

How could vodafone get it so wrong?

Getting it wrong, is the one thing Vodafone seem good at.