Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WIFI CHANNEL CHANGE

maughanorama
4: Newbie

hey all 

is there some magical invisible page on the new router that allows me to change the 2.4/5ghz channels ? the auto channel function just isnt working. 

and before anyone says look here and there and posts a link to the app. i have tried the app and im unable to even sync the app with my router.. 

is there a config editor that can open the backed up config so i can change it there and upload it back ? 

why has this function been removed from the firmware ? make 0 sense 

my internet is perfect until i try to use a 2.4ghz device then its hampered by my neighbors devices. theres a free channel i can see but unable to change to it

thanks 

156 REPLIES 156

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry moderator but this does not help because the settings you describe are not available.

Which router model and firmware version are your using when you select the channel?

Have you actually tried this yourself, or are you just pasting  text from the tech department?

Anonymous
Not applicable

There's no 'Diagnostic and Cures' section either.

Please go back to the tech dept and ask for  router model and firmware that this actually applies too.

The government's initiative to get people to retrain in 'cyber' must be working - Every time I speak to Vodafone Technical Support it feels l'm talking to a ballerina.

You say, "ensure that the Slip Wi-Fi bands (SSID) is set to off."

Is this a new setting or do you mean "Split Wi-Fi bands"?

Either way, this is not a satisfactory answer and it does not let us control the WiFi configuration of our routers.

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Usual Moderator rubbish. I don't believe the Wi-Fi doctor exists.

My THG3000 is stuck at an earlier firmware (19.2.0203-3261005) than some other posters on here so as well as knowing what router this is supposed to refer to we also need to know the firmware level.

Those videos were from 2015-2018 so if Wi-Fi doctor is new they would not be relevant.

standard dribble by a non tech 

i particularly liked this 
"I'm sure you'll all be wizzes with the above steps "

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove  inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

My last comment may be harsh but if you actually read the entire thread and proved what you have written on the hardware we are all talking about yourself, you would never have posted anything and just stayed quiet like the last few months. 

Jayach

@maughanorama wrote:

standard dribble by a non tech 

LOL, I assume you mean drivel. Totally agree.

no no i meant dribble ,, the sloppy goopy stuff. because that's what it was .. :Smiling: 

Jayach

@maughanorama wrote:

no no i meant dribble ,, the sloppy goopy stuff. because that's what it was .. :Smiling: 

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

ahhahaha 

Jayach

@Jayach wrote:

@maughanorama wrote:

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

Though that might happen, but it was only in jest (mostly)