Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi dropping out and pages half loading

ysjclimber
2: Seeker

I recently upgraded my Vodafone broadband router and package to Superfast 2 and the wifi constantly keeps dropping out, pages only half load, devices sometimes fail to connect and streaming services constantly buffer. My previous router and package was with Vodafone was supposed to be inferiorm, but so far, this is appalling.

To add insult to injury, the live chat agents are never available, I've been on hold for an hour and 20 minutes to speak to someone, and it took 4 attempts for this page to even load before I could post this message.

Vodafone, this is truly infuriating. How can an upgrade set me back to56k dialup!?

24 REPLIES 24

boyd2715

I've been having the same problems after signing up to vodafone only a few weeks ago, its terrible and I wish I'd have stayed with sky. Does anyone have any tips on resolving it? other than getting another provider?

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are in the North East some of the links from the Vodafone datacentre are yo-yo ing on and off at the moment!  It's not normally like this to be honest!  If you have access to a VPN service it should fix it!

Thanks for the quick response - I'm in West Yorkshire. To be honest, I think it's the router. When my new service went live, I was still using the old Vodafone router from 3 years ago and had no problems. The new router was delivered, hooked up and its been a pain ever since.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Vodafone appears to have experienced an equipment failure somewhere in the North East this evening.  It's leading to the DSLGB network routing all traffic to the London data centre rather than Manchester.  The amount of traffic being diverted is probably enough to saturate the DSLGB connection and hence we have basic browsing but no streaming.  Also absolutely no connection to amazon.co.uk!

I've been getting this as well for the last couple of evenings. It's got to be something at their end as I've restarted the router and it's happening on multiple devices which normally work fine. I thought I'd try their diagnostic app however that appears to only use sync speed as a benchmark which is a load of rubbish, as that can quite often be completely fine even if the connection is having issues! That says around 65MBps however speed tests on various devices are coming out around 28MBPs. Plus there's instances where websites simply refuse to load, rather like a DNS issue. Little disappointing that no one from Vodafone has decided to reply to this topic today.

I am getting this as well, in Glasgow. Been like this for a few days.  Taking ages "resolving host" when trying to load a webpage. Then giving one of various error messages. Then the website will eventually load (albeit not necessarily showing all the content).

Speed testing is showing the speed as ok, even though everything is slow.  It's struggling with the DNS or something. Vodafone's livechat is busy, Not been with them long, but not too impressed so far.

I am having this exact same issue on their Gigafast service in Stirling.  Two services at two properties doing exactly this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Everything here suggests that there is an intermittent routing issue causing issues in connecting from the North East to Vodafone's Manchester datacentre.  As a fall back we are being routed to Vodafone's London data centre.  It'll partially manifest itself as a DNS issue, but it looks deeper than that!

During the course of just writing this reply, my connection appears to have switched data centres!

It's no better days later, but it's literally impossible to get any help - the live chat function says all agents are busy, and the phone number puts you on hold for hours. I was on hold for over 2 hours the other day befdore I threw in the towel. This is the worst customer service I've ever known!

the worst thing is, I'm paying for subscription services and am unable to view any of them. Not only am I losing money on my broadband payment, I'm losing money to Netflix, now to and Amazon prime.

vodafone, please sort this now!