Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wrong address listed for Gigafast

Rimuru
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hey,

So I'm after getting the Gigafast, i live in Bournemouth, and my road had the fiber installed months ago, my postcode is BH9 1TZ, when i put this in, you have the address listed wrong, there is:

GROUND FLOOR FLAT, 55 King Edward Avenue

55A King Edward Avenue

The ground floor flat is 55A, i live in the first floor flat, so you have the ground floor listed twice,

Royal Mail have me listed as 55 King Edward Avenue and most of my post have me listed as that, some post comes through as FIRST FLOOR FLAT, 55 King Edward Avenue.

Can I have a time frame of this to be fixed, as i have finished my Virgin Media contract and I'm paying 20 quid more for my broadband than the top Gigafast package

13 REPLIES 13

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @Rimuru - Hmm, that is very odd! So it should be showing your 'First floor flat' as 55 Kind Edward avenue?

I have checked the Ground Floor Flat and that can get Gigafast speeds to I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to. To double check this though, I would suggest speaking to our sales team on 0333 304 0191 or webchat.

Hello, i went through the order process 3 times, web order, then over the phone and again over the phone, and had a complaint raised, because the orders kept getting canceled, but no one was able to help at all, they was all saying their systems are correct, i don't know who else to contact about this as the complaint fell on deaf ears, and CityFiber said i have to go through Vodafone.

bump?

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @Rimuru hope you're well - We've been able to resolve this is, the house number 55 Kind Edwards Avenue is now showing on our Broadband Availability Checker 😊

Hello @Evie,

It still shows GROUND FLOOR FLAT, 55 King Edward Avenue, please see attached screen shot

I cannot make the order because of this issue

it just needs to say 55 King Edward Avenue, no GROUND FLOOR FLAT, the 2nd screenshot is from Royal Mail's site, and that has my address correct

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

My apologies, that's my bad @Rimuru - I must've have had 'Business' selected, 55 King Edward Avenue is available to choose when selecting 'Business' but not 'Consumer'. We have raised this with the relevant department to get amended as soon as possible. So I can assure you that it is in the works 🛠

Oh good, i hope to hear soon that i can finally order the gigafast broadband, many thanks

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for your patience with me @Rimuru - That is all sorted now and your address is now showing on our Broadband Availability Checker correctly. I've triple checked this time that it's also available on Consumer 😋

Hiya @Evie,

Yes i see my address is correct on your system now, many thanks.

is there any offers coming up for the gigafast deals on the plans again, as i missed out at the start for the cheaper plans because of the system issues