Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Xbox Series X wired connection issue

JosephA12
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, hoping someone could help.

Since switching to Vodaphone I have been experiencing issues with my Xbox connecting to the the network via a wired connection. What I find is sometimes if I restart the Xbox enough, it pics up the wired connection.

What I have tried (on the Xbox):

Reset MAC - same issue

NAT Type set to open which is correct

Did a factory reset of the Xbox - same issueHowever when I connected the Xbox to the Wi-Fi - works fine

What I tried on the router;

Power cycle - same issue

Manually added DNS (8.8.8.8) - same issue

Changed Ethernet cable - same issue

Other devices connected via a Ethernet cable work fine.

At the point I don’t believe this is a Xbox issue but an issue with the router or broadband. Is there something that maybe stopping/making the wired connection intermittent as I’m not sure what else to do.

As I said I had no issues when on Virgin using a wired Ethernet connection.

428 REPLIES 428

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Have you tried accessing your router settings to do it @Sampyp?

Just head to Advanced settings > Choose the Firmware Update or Router Update button then click the 'Check' option - let me know if that pulls anything through. 

@Amanda unfortunately I keep getting ‘Firmware update failed please try again at a later date’

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@Sampyp wrote:

@Amanda unfortunately I keep getting ‘Firmware update failed please try again at a later date’

As I think does everyone, I have never known it work. (Although it does occasionally say one isn't available, as if it actually checked)

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

The only other way that I know of @Sampyp is like @Jayach said to complete a factory reset - or to wait I'm afraid. I'm sorry that isn't more helpful.  

Thanks, I tried the factory reset but it didn't update.

Paul 

Jayach

I tried a factory reset on my "spare" router and connected that up, still no firmware update. Looks like waiting is the only option.

Same for me aswell. Tried a factory reset but didn’t update.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Morning everyone, I'm just checking in to see if anyone's firmware has updated yet? 

Jayach

@Gemma wrote:

Morning everyone, I'm just checking in to see if anyone's firmware has updated yet? 

Not here yet.

Same for me and the manual update is still broken.