Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Xbox Series X wired connection issue

JosephA12
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, hoping someone could help.

Since switching to Vodaphone I have been experiencing issues with my Xbox connecting to the the network via a wired connection. What I find is sometimes if I restart the Xbox enough, it pics up the wired connection.

What I have tried (on the Xbox):

Reset MAC - same issue

NAT Type set to open which is correct

Did a factory reset of the Xbox - same issueHowever when I connected the Xbox to the Wi-Fi - works fine

What I tried on the router;

Power cycle - same issue

Manually added DNS (8.8.8.8) - same issue

Changed Ethernet cable - same issue

Other devices connected via a Ethernet cable work fine.

At the point I don’t believe this is a Xbox issue but an issue with the router or broadband. Is there something that maybe stopping/making the wired connection intermittent as I’m not sure what else to do.

As I said I had no issues when on Virgin using a wired Ethernet connection.

428 REPLIES 428

Hey all! I hope you're all well and had a lovely weekend 😊

I just wanted to update the thread as we have had an update from the team. A new firmware update has been pushed through to the routers and the team are hopeful that this will resolve the issue. Could you please check and let me know if you are still unable to connect so I can get this fed back 🙂

Thanks Steph will definitely try when home later ! 

ZinGeRs
12: Established
12: Established

So what version is the firmware just to check the router has updated?

Ok... I've done some testing with the new firmware. It works if you restart at first but the problem occurs again if you leave the console off for more than a few mins ( I timed it at10 mins but could be less than ). 

Ignore this...I didn't have the new firmware after all

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@spinoir What is the version of the firmware you have? I tried a reconnect after factory resetting the router, but nothing new was picked up. Maybe it will update about 1-2am tomorrow, as that is when I usually get them.

I'm still on 19.4.0551-3261103.

Yeah.....I'm an idiot still on the old firmware lol. I saw the post and thought it had been updated already, I tried to update and it said no update available so assumed I had the new firmware already. My bad.

I've been having this issue for a while.... Been onto Xbox and everything...... Just back from a Virgin household to find out my Xbox series X works perfect every time there.....

Came here to find I'm not alone :Smiling:

Glad there's a firmware update.... Hopefully work by tomorrow as it's still not working as of right now!

Jayach

@IIISTEVEOIII 

Keep an eye on this thread, when (if) we get the new firmware, I'm sure plenty of people will let us know if it works.😉

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good morning everyone 🙂 Has anyone had their firmware update overnight and noticed any difference? 

Hey @Amanda is there a way to force the update ? Outside of the factory reset 

@Jayach suggested ?