Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

gigafast in Bristol

dredd
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Are VF currently supplying gigafast in Bristol?

I ordered it a couple of weeks ago but it was cancelled for some weird reason; the callcentre told me it's not supported here even though my order was taken before. And I can see the openreach(?) fibre on a telegraph pole across the road.

So I'm a bit confused. Order again, or go via BT instead?

3 REPLIES 3

Stubbo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @dredd,

You can check if Gigafast is available in your area by entering your postcode in link here

If you're wanting to order with us, drop us a message on Live Chat or give our Sales Team a call on 191.

Have an amazing week! 

Live chat won't help you, as when you speak with them they tell you to call the gigafast team. When you call the number they seem just as clueless! Everyone i have spoke with has to go off and refer to a gigfast team member of which that who I have supposed to have already called!

Spent several days trying to order Gigafast 500. I've so far been told its not available (When it is). I've been offered Superfast 2 (which is not what I wanted or asked for). The final explanation I have had is that COVID has delayed the activation/rollout of Gigafast, so I can only assume this is the reason why, although I am not sure why that stops someone placing an order. It's really poor that I cannot place an order to take advantage of the six month free offer which expires on 19th (You are currently offering something that cannot be delivered!). Instead ive been told to keep trying which is not helpful. Looks like I will be renewing with Virgin media.

Thanks - that sounds like exactly what I’ve experienced, except you seem to have got to the bottom of it while I was only at the ‘please wait while I talk to my gigafast colleagues’ stage.

So it seems my best bet is to try again in a week or so.

I’m currently on plusnet but don’t want to renew on a 24 month contract on 80Mbps.

Thanks again.