Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No SMS with WiFi calling

Cummgr
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have just Arctivated WiFi calling as my sure signal no linger works. I can make calls ok, but SMS texting doesn’t work. This is on my Huawei and my partners IPhone. I have contacted Vodafone chat and they couldn’t get it to work either!! Any help please

16 REPLIES 16

luffviolin
4: Newbie

Vodafone are good at shutting down Sure Signal but poor at telling users when they have fixed SMS and MMS. WiFi calling and SMS have worked for some time, but not MMS. Today I tried it and it DOES work at last. Why keep these things a secret?

Wiggy13
4: Newbie

My Sure Signal finally dropped off line last week.
I have activated WiFi calling on my phone which seems to work well but now have the isue of not being able to send/receive text messages. I need to be able to use text messages for many things such as online banking which uses text message verification and my elderly/disabled parent has an emergency fob which sends out text messages when help is needed.
Unfortunately I live in an area which has little or no mobile coverage across all suppliers and Vodafone's Sure Signal was a brilliant solution

Well done, thanks Vodafone!

It seems depend on the particular phone you have bought. Mine is a Samsung Galaxy s20 with the all important Android 11 software. Apparently iPhone is OK too. I now have both SMS texts and MMS pictures if they arrive. In this thread there is a list of compatible phones as I remember. Some users say that the Samsung S9 still works with text and pics. 2AF (two factor for banks and Amazon) works almost instantly. You may need a new Christmas present.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for getting in touch @Wiggy13 - you can see which phones are compatible with both Wi-Fi Calling and SMS at the bottom of our website here. What device do you have at the moment? 

My wife & I both have Sony Experia L4s, which are on for wifi calling but no good for SMS.
They are just under a year old and no, I can't afford to replace them!

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Then you're just going to have to make do. I would have recommended that you switch networks but you said in a previous reply that you have coverage issues with all of them.

He you tried Smarty?

Only costs a few quid to try one of their SIM cards for a month.

(worked for me)

Best handsets for Vodafone VoWIFI & SMSoWIFI are iPhones.

Alternatively....

You can trade-in at a CEX store, they give you voucher for your Android phone and use that towards buying an iPhone.