Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband speed not even meeting minimum gauranteed speed for seprfast 2

shahnawazatuk
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I recently got superfast 2 internet which has 67 mbps speed but i have never even got 30 mbps speed. Most of the times it don't even match minimum gauranteed speed of 27 mbps. Both ethernet and wifi goves maximum speed of 25 mbps. Have tried to chat with agents but it is of no use. They initially told that for first 10 days speed will fluctuate. But now still after 13 days speed is very less.

62 REPLIES 62

My sync speed, according to the Vodafone broadband app, is 7.9mbps

Jayach
16: Advanced member

In that case there is a problem, but it may be at your end.

Do you have the router connected directly to the master socket?

If so have you tried with it in the test socket?

Have you just swapped to Vodafone and who were you with before? What speeds did you have with them?

Anonymous
Not applicable

On the screenshot of the BT DSL checker page - towards the bottom, it does tell you the highest observed (sync) speeds.  There should be absolutely no argument that you are nowhere near the speeds you should be getting!

Jayach

Well spotted @KeithAlger, I hadn't noticed that.. But they/we still need to make sure they have eliminated the possibility of cabling/connection problems at their end causing the low sync.

Wired into master socket, currently wired in to test socket for the purposes of monitoring. I was with sky previously, and getting around 18mbs. When I first joined vodafone at the beginning of the month I was getting above 23. Which was fine for me. 7.9 isn't

gipjon

Well the bottom line is scanty81. you are below the minimum guaranteed speed and now its up to vodafone to send a openreach engineer out to get you above the minimum guaranteed speed.  You need to phone up and complain and demand that vodafone sorts the issue out as you are below the minimum guaranteed speed 

I am not sure about master socket. I moved recently to this house and it is new connection. When I came to this house I can see only one socket for internet. I have asked Vodafone to send engineer to come and check for master socket. But they told that it is not required. With LAN connection also it is providing same speed.

Rubbish. The speed will increase until unstable. It will then disconnect. Eat, sleep, rave repeat. I am an ex-IT professional. Vodafone is artificially intruding in this process and has regional caps as I 'quote' sales minimums from my Facebook friends countrywide. I put their home numbers in and guaranteed, thats guaranteed speed, never appears. They like me have plenty of order confirmations but NO contract copy. DO IT YOURSELF FOLKS. Go to Vodafone broadband and try and buy the Broadband you have and see what the GUARNTEED minimum is. This is the speed you SHOULD BE getting, please use your own paid broadband for this; obviously those that pay more should expect more.

Please find below. Note that this is after they did something in main switch in building.

Line Quality

Downstream Upstream
Current Rate29576 kbps8796 kbps
Maximum Rate35612 kbps8796 kbps
Signal-to-Noise Ratio5.6 dB6.4 dB
AttenuationDS1 15.7 dB, DS2 40.2 dB, DS3 62.4 dBUS0 5.3 dB, US1 30.7 dB, US2 47.3 dB
Power11.7 dBm7.2 dBm
CRC Errors in last 2855 minute(s)0147
K (number of bytes in DMT frame)00
R (number of bytes in RS code word)1416
S (RS code word size in DMT frame)0.24520.8596
D (interleaver depth)41
Delay0 ms0 ms

I'm in my 8th week and not had speeds over 16mbps, would I be in my rights to cancel without penalties ?

Capture.JPG