cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Non-existent download speed, high upload speed, please help!

ldfairbairn
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Since Tuesday evening we have not had a usable internet connection at home.

Speed tests performed from my phone over WiFi reveal a download speed of 0.05 and an upload speed of 18.6mbps.  A speed test performed from our Xbox over Ethernet produced a 0.00mbps download speed and 18mbps upload speed.  Yet, in the router settings, the sync speed is a normal almost 80mbps.

I have reset the router, changed the WiFi bandwidth, changed the WiFi channel and repeated speed tests using WiFi and cabled devices, with WiFi enabled/disabled, Ethernet devices connected/disconnected, and with different devices used across the family, the results are always the same.  I have also changed the micro filter and internet cable which has made no difference.

In the router's event log there are a large number of errors which are added to continuously, I have attached a screenshot.

I have had several calls with tech support over the last 24 hours and they cannot see any faults on the router, our line, or in the area.  On the last call, I was asked to dismantle our phone socket to find the test port and connect through that, but unfortunately my phone socket does not have a test port.

I have attached screenshots of one speed test and two of the event log.

Please help!

Lewis

62 REPLIES 62

PE29 here

Issue Dates:

6-7 March

25-27 March

4-5 June

3rd July-

My complaint has led to them allowing me to walk away from my contract. 

Phone running at 2.33Mbps -it's like being in the last millennium.

We are in stilton and have had not Internet since about 8.30am on Friday morning. Iv contacted vodafone but they keep saying its a problem inside the house. Iv now told them that the complete area is down. Hopefully they may send and engineer out.

Hello there, so the affected area is getting larger. Stilton is connected through to the Yaxley exchange.

My parents are there and that is where I have been going to use their "fast" BT broadband (43M down 12M up).

Everyone seams to be getting high SYNC speed to the exchange - but no throughput more than 0.1Mbps - yet still a full 20M ish up.

I keep taking screen grabs of the speedtest.net app (as I cant get to speedtest web page) and emailing them through to tech support. I will call them up again in the morning. If this cant be sorted in the next couple of days then I will cancel and move to BT / openreach who will cost far more - but they actually own the lines.

Was promised free data on my payg contract on Friday but that now is not possible. Ugh!

If using Speedtest they also like you to show the connection (so it is by cable) and that nothing else is connected.  

I had to send pictures of my connection. They are saying now that no one has reported a problem in this area. Their tech team has had no problems with this area.  Iv told them to look on this forum and others where alot of people in the area has no vodafone service. 

Screenshot_20200705-183234_Twitter.jpg

Hi all just done a wired speedtest to the router (requested by tech support) it has come back at 76Mb/s fingers crossed for everyone else out there. Let’s hope it stays around like covid  19!!

The Internet came back here as well half am hour ago. 

No test needed it just worked. 

And now is down again.

glad to hear that your back up to speed - but we are still at 0.1M down - 20M up 😞

Bruce

Well it lasted all of 30 mins. We are back to 0 again!  It’s not just the inconvenience of no broadband but the hours spent on the phone and trying to sort it, answering the same old questions. Having to provide screen shots because they won’t believe you it all adds up. I’ve again as have you and many others on and not on this post had a whole weekend spoilt trying to get it sorted, we are supposed to be in the digital era and we can’t get what we could 20 years ago! 🥵 I’m exhausted and need another weekend to get over it all.  but alas No I have to Work tomorrow and who knows if it’ll be back to allow me to do that! 😩😩