Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

X box series x wired and wifi network issue

Nils
3: Seeker

Hello,

Upgraded to the new Vodafone router and now my lads x box series does not seem to work fully or connect properly to the network.  He can play games albeit slowly however he can’t download any new games or run any updates.  It just dosnt do anything and says queued.

Network diagnostics have been run but they come back stating unavailable or run later.  Have factory reset several times also but now luck.   I know x box series x has issues supporting wifi 6, however is there a way to have a separate or split network that just uses 5ghz or switches off wifi 6 ?  Looked at the remote console but nothing there so wanted to ask.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Nils

Hello,

Upgraded to the new Vodafone router and now my lads x box series does not seem to work fully or connect properly to the network.  He can play games albeit slowly however he can’t download any new games or run any updates.  It just dosnt do anything and says queued.

Network diagnostics have been run but they come back stating unavailable or run later.  Have factory reset several times also but now luck.   I know x box series x has issues supporting wifi 6, however is there a way to have a separate or split network that just uses 5ghz or switches off wifi 6 ?  Looked at the remote console but nothing there so wanted to ask.

Thanks

There are 2 SSIDs covering the 2.4/5GHz wifi and 2.4/5/6Ghz. the one using 6Ghz has "premium" or something similar in the name. The app has recently been updated and is nigh on useless for any configuration activities now, you have to login via the console to be able to do anything now. 

Cynric
16: Advanced member

For wired connections to Xbox use an unmanaged switch between the router and the Xbox. This has been discussed previously.

I wired it into the wifi booster rather than router and that didn’t help or work.

Tried to look into that but the console is not great or straight forward to use or configure.  Will look into it further, appreciate you letting me know

Jayach

@Nils 

Your problems don't sound like the usual Xbox troubles.

I think they are completely different. I would suggest 2 possibilities, turn of IPv6 everywhere you can in the router (I don't have the Ultra router, so can't tell you exactly where that is) and also change the DNS setting to Cloudflare/Google (1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8) in case it's the parental controls interfering.

Cynric

@Jayach  I think we'll have to get a template answer for this router so we can just paste into the replies 😄

Would be good !

Cynric