Ask

Solution

Power hub 900fttp

Nigel8558
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all I’m a new customer to Vida 910 FTTP 

I have had the system just over two week 

the problem is slow lan spots ie 380mbps not 900 from the power hub I have tried reset s all different cables cat 5e and 6  I even had a new router today and still the same problem wifi is fine over 800Mbps  and 100 up 

now then I found out how to setup a third party router name a Orbi 350 got it to connect to voda  as a router and lan speeds of 800Mbps and wifi speeds of 700Mbps  

does any know of a solution to get the power hub to work correctly??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

m7svk
3: Seeker

Hi, sorry for trouble, how you set your Orbi 350 as main router, I have same problem, Vodafone powerhub wifi 800, ethernet up to 300 only, so when I connect to Vodafone my Tp link deco x50-5g I am only getting 300 max, I can't find the way to connect directly or fix problem, please help...

View solution in original position

11 REPLIES 11

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Nigel8558 - thanks for explaining the tests you've already done. For our team to look into what's happening, the Vodafone router will need to be connected. Once you've done this, please follow the tests/steps on our Broadband Support page. You'll then be connected to an agent if needed. 

Thank you for your reply  I have spent over three hours with your technician and they can’t resolve the issue they sent a new router and the speeds on the lan side are the same 380 max  when I plug the third party router in I get 280 to 800 mbps so it’s quite frustrating that the power hub can not achieve this maybe you need to seen a different model router  to see if that resolve the issue 

Thanks for letting us know the latest and providing your feedback. I'm sorry to see the speeds still aren't where you'd expect them to be. I'd recommend getting back in touch with the Broadband team so they can investigate this further.

m7svk

Hi, sorry for trouble, how you set your Orbi 350 as main router, I have same problem, Vodafone powerhub wifi 800, ethernet up to 300 only, so when I connect to Vodafone my Tp link deco x50-5g I am only getting 300 max, I can't find the way to connect directly or fix problem, please help...

Ask voda for username and password for the broad band should start dsl then numbers put @Vodafone .co.uk after it 

User name dsl1222222@vodafone.co.uk

password 

select ppoe if you can their is another setting  but I can’t remember it  if you google third party router on Vodafone their is a few instructions on how to set up 

you just use your router and put codas away until the end of your contract 

Ok, will do that, vodafone powerhub got defo issue with ethernet only 300 max speed and I am using cat 8 cables..

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@m7svk  Just as an experiment can you put cat 5/5e cable between the ONT and the router, and also to a computer?

Cat8 only has a range of 33m and far exceeds the speed you are going to get on your contract.

m7svk

I started with Ca5e and speed was in average 50mbps less across the all test I done..., I am using 1.5m long cat 8 and I clearly can see stability and speed improved a lot.., but thank you for suggestion, try everything last night I could and vodafone powerhub capping ethernet port to 300mbps max.., no way to get anything more..., wifi I can get between 750 to 870 mbps, really, really annoying ..

Cynric

@m7svk  OK, I'm going to say "sorry" in advance for the next question because it's a rather obvious one; did you try all the ethernet ports on the router and also a router factory reset?