Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pro Gigafast evening drops in speed

briangc
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am a new customer to Vodafone so have not had chance, yet, to check through other posts related to drop in internet speed in evenings.

However - has there been a resolution to this problem which does seem very predominant amongst othe VF customers.

Thanks

Brian

8 REPLIES 8

Effie

Hey @briangc We would need to run some checks on your lines in order to see if there is an issue with your broadband. So we can help, please contact the Social Media team here or give the dedicated Broadband team a call on 191 free from a Vodafone Pay monthly mobile, or 03333 040 191 from any other UK phone (standard charges apply).

Hi Steph

I have contacted the Broadband Team and they have asked me to run speed tests between 1800 hrs and 2400 hrs tonight. I'll have to wait and see what transpires from that.

How did it go? 

My line is almost unusable after 6pm in the evening. Interesting I am not the only one. 

I am seeing the same issue. Have called them every day now for almost a week and they are saying they cannot see anything wrong. Perfect 950mb up and down during the day and lucky to get 150-250 at night. This is via direct cable connection. Same thing on wifi. I wish they would help, gutted to be back to ADLS speed with lag in games and cannot watch streaming telly.

Not sure if this will help anyone having the same issue, but my connection is back to normal. I used a second router via ethernet as a repeater to boost my wifi speed throughout my house and although this worked well and the router was perfectly setup as a repeater for some reason this caused the sudden drops at night. I am baffled how a second router connected as a repeater to the main vodaphone router could cause this but it worked so happy me. 

Must say I did fund this dubious as I still suspect Vodaphone detected the second router and throttled my line. When calling support I was asked about one of my wireless security cams saying they could see there was a electrical spike on the device which may have caused the loss in speed. Lol. How can a wireless device result in your router losing speed and more importantly how amazing the vodaphone router must be for their tech support to see electrical spikes on my wireless devices. I rate this as my best support answer yet. 

If you sing any repeater/booster other than the vodaphone one, disconnect it and see if your speed goes back up. Good luck :Smiling: 

Just switched to Pro Gigafast at end of August and also experienced drops on random evenings but thankfully not as bad as some people seem to be having.

As I think most people these days, I run a mesh setup to extend the Wi-Fi so it was interesting to see this mentioned as a possible cause and will definitely test.

Another anomaly to add to the mix is when I experienced a drop last night (always starts about 8.30ish until after midnight) I tried a speedtest running a VPN and found the results were over 100mbps faster than when it was not on. It generally also happens when it has been raining as well just to cross off every detail!

There are posts going back years on here so there is obviously a problem in the system somewhere, it would just be nice if it could be officially acknowledged. 

8pm and speed dropped to 2.41mbps download and 435mbps upload. Anyone else having problems tonight?

Yep, started getting worse a couple of weeks back now its ridiculous! Fine during the day and after midnight..

speedtest2.png