Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Poor Gigafast speeds

Cybergamer
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

What is going on with the speeds, since the weekend i have never seen it so slow. 

This is what Gigafast gives you tonight and this is the best result.

Cybergamer_1-1644877671333.png

There is no way this issue has anything to do with customer equipment. Is there such a thing as a status page for the network? 

I can only assume they have routing issues.

20 REPLIES 20

MarkD

Hi @Cybergamer, thanks for sharing the screenshot, what broadband package are you on? How have the speeds been over the past couple of days? 

Masquerade
4: Newbie

I have been having the exact same problem, it is getting frustrating. I am on the 900MB package and since the weekend simple pages like BT.com don't load properly, can't stream jack and basic browsing is slow as hell. 

It is definitely not user equipment, something wrong with Vodafone's equipment. 

Like I said, I am on the 900MB package, does my speed look right to anyone?

Jayach
16: Advanced member

No it doesn't look right, but with a download of 216Mbs I'm surprised you "can't stream jack".

Same here for the last two evening, to a worse extent. In the day, 500mbps up and down with downloads running at 80MB/s. Today and yesterday evening i'm getting around 30mbps down / 500mbps up (yes, 30!) with downloads running at a crawl between 100KB/s - 3MB/s

Interestingly Vodafone's ookla speedtest shows everything is fine!

BionicBlob_0-1644968474988.png

Whereas ookla itself shows a slower picture - note it's getting close to midnight now so the speeds aren't as bad as earlier. Seems to be congestion related?

BionicBlob_2-1644968708193.png

And these speed tests are all well and pretty but the real world performance is dreadful, e.g.

BionicBlob_3-1644969021589.png

The only change i've noticed is my IP addresses are being allocated in a 84.65.x.x block, with a gateway of 84.65.0.1 gateway - this IP is being geolocated to Newport, Wales whereas I am in milton keynes. Has there been a recent change - I am fairly sure these used to be in a 84.66.x.x range based on my DDNS history, and certainly not geolocating to wales.

Also tried a factory reset which had no effect on speeds, then a firmware update which 'encountered an error' according to the popup but then surprise reset the router severaly times 10 minutes later (i guess the firmware took ages to download? ha)

Strangely the firmware actually went down in build number, from 19.4.0551-3269083 to 19.4.0551-3261104

Funnily enough, as another user has said, it is after midnight and I am able to "Browse" the internet, pages are loading better, pinging has gotten faster and so has my connection speed, but only ever so slightly and for being on the 900MB package, it is shocking indeed. I have had nothing but speed issues since September 2020, I have never achieved 900MB on speed tests, always lingered around 600MB but actual throughput has never exceeded 90mbs. I am beyond [Removed]

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic/personal information/inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Cybergamer @Masquerade @Bionic-Blob 👋 I know how important it is to stay connected and I'm sorry you're not getting the level of service you expected. 

As @Jayach has mentioned, with the speeds provided I wouldn't expect to see any issues streaming at all. 

I'd recommend that you speak to the Gigafast team on 03333 040 191 (or 191 from a Vodafone mobile) - they can run some checks to see what's going on for you 🙂

You wouldn't but the sad fact is that Vodafone are rubbish and not being able to even see the players, just dodgy blurred lumps of colour moving some equally dodgy lump of something white around what you know is a football pitch was the result. The picture cleared up, went dodgy, cleared up, went dodgy. In the end, I have to keep track on LiveScore.

Well, after nearly 2 years of paying for the 900MB package and receiving less than 400MB, guess it is time to lodge a complaint and request compensation. 

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

I can understand your frustration @Masquerade - please get in touch as mentioned above and we can help log the complaint for you. 

Jayach

Or just do it for yourself: Complaints Code of Practice | Vodafone