Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Poor Gigafast speeds

Cybergamer
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

What is going on with the speeds, since the weekend i have never seen it so slow. 

This is what Gigafast gives you tonight and this is the best result.

Cybergamer_1-1644877671333.png

There is no way this issue has anything to do with customer equipment. Is there such a thing as a status page for the network? 

I can only assume they have routing issues.

20 REPLIES 20

WOW, Vodafone are complete bunch of [Removed]

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

Is anyone else still seeing massive drops in speed on Fibre Optic at night? I was advised by Vodaphone this does not happen on fibre at all but... Paying for 900mb package and suddenly started seeing massive drops in speed only at night. Perfect during the day and Vodaphone keeps telling me no issues on their side. Weird how my speed can drop by over 700 meg at night. Has now been happening for almost a week and only at night. Checking my router and connected devices they cannot see any issues. And no unknown devices either or any using large amounts of data only brings me to the conclusion they are throttling my connection at night.

Not at night, but I have seen the line being throttled at peak times and this is despite Vodafone claiming they don't do such things. I am on the 900MB package as well and for 24 months I have not had what I have been paying for. That is why I have noticed the peak time throttling far more, because instead of 900MB line rate and a throughput of 120MB I was and am still only getting 400-700MB line speed and 80MB throughput, with an upload speed of 300-400MB ON A SYMMETRICAL LINE!

Vodafone are a complete joke and I am glad that come October 6th 2022 I will no longer be a customer of theirs, they even failed to setup the cancellation properly which meant another painful month with them. 

Thankfully in MK, City Fibre now have 7 or 8 different ISP's available for customers to choose from and most of them are £20 cheaper per month on the 900MB package, have VOIP, allow you to use your own router (and some even give you a discount for doing so), less congestion, faster ping response, better customer service and higher speed guarantees. 

Yes I have had the gigafast 900 package for a few weeks and speed is always spot on but as it gets to around 7pm onwards I get buffering on streaming services and my son saying his games are lagging. Have measured as low as 17mbs and on several tests are always below the 100 mark phoned them up to cancel last night as just within the 14 days but they have extended that to try and fix it..so far wish I'd stayed with virgin

Today i have outages totally losing connection to the Internet [Removed]  is going on 

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic/personal information/inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing a drop in speed during the evening @leeharper1. To help us understand your issue and what's causing this, please confirm:

- If you're using a Wi-Fi or wired connection.

- How many devices do you have connected.

- Is the router next to any electrical equipment that might interfere with the signal, For example, Microwave, TV, Fish tank, or Baby monitor.

Can you run a speed test through the Vodafone Broadband app and post the result here.

Hi.

It's a wired connection and speedtests at the times mentioned are always below 200 and alot have been under 100 and as low as 17 uploads always in the 800 range ping test through the router dashboard have had a few where  3 out of the 5 packets have failed

Thanks

Lee

Hi Masquerade

Going to give it another week as agreed with cancellations to see if they sort it northamton bit short on isp for city fibre talk talk are an option asymmetric so alot slower on upload speed but  that doesn't bother me at all also thinking of going back to virgin 10 years and speeds were always on point 

Having the same issues as everyone else with barely usable internet during the peak evening hours. Tonight I have a very unstable 5Mbps download speed when I'm paying for 500Mbps. This has been going on for a few weeks now and the customer service response has just been it must be an issue on my side.

I'm completely done now with Vodafone as they seem to not want to admit there is a wider issue here and are just blaming it on "Customer Equipment" or "Internal wiring". 

Has anyone managed to cancel their broadband contract with Vodafone without getting stung by the early termination fee? I'm still in contract until February 2023, however, I refuse to continue to pay for a service that stops working every single evening.

Screenshot 2022-10-02 at 19.06.56.png

Mikeyalder, your best bet to goes through the complaints process, but even that is not an easy thing. I went through it myself because they failed to set the cancellation when I contacted them close to being out of contract, I had to argue with the people running the complaints department about having to pay one more months bill when I never made the error. Everything is a battle with Vodafone and everything is your fault, never theirs. 

It's funny, over the 24 months, now 25, they suggested my equipment, my cabling, yet I have a 2.5G internal network with Cat7 and Cat8 cabling and switches capable of 5G speeds, brand new router, NAS and custom build PC's all running at 2.5G on my network, yet they talk nonsense. 

Leeharper1, best of luck to you. It is a shame Northampton does not have much in the way of choice, I am going to assume you checked from the CityFibre website?

My brother had to point me in that direction as I searched with known ISP's before he told me CityFibre had a checker on their website and I was surprised to find over 8 different ISP's offering services in MK and I have noticed that 50% of them offer rolling monthly packages, which I didn't realise was an option.