Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Slow Download speeds but Sync speeds to router fine

richard-chloe
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

Having a very frustrating issue, since Friday my download speed been really but but my upload speed and been consistent, i have logged a call with Vodaphone but not getting past the first line answers, any help would be great, i have attached latest speed test and router connection

speed test.JPGWhatsApp Image 2023-03-21 at 11.18.06 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-03-21 at 11.18.06.jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-03-21 at 11.18.07 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-03-21 at 11.18.07.jpeg

23 REPLIES 23

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Your pictures have not been moderated yet, in the meantime does the broadband tool shed any light.

https://myaccount.vodafone.co.uk/bbcheck/summary?cid=nschecker-hbb/hbb/hbbsupport/sup/7.21/ntst

Thanks, already done that.  Also tried a different router in the master socket different cables and testing using cable and laptop. With same results. 

If I could get someone technical from Vodafone that would be great.

Also for reference this setup works perfectly with TalkTalk previously for over 2 years woth no issues and work fine up until a week or so ago. So no idea what changed 

Jayach

Your pictures have been moderated, and as you say the sync looks fine, as do most of the other parameters.

Can you confirm you have done the speed test on a direct wired connection to the router, the ping seems rather high.

Perhaps try Vodafone's version of the speed test, Internet speed test | Vodafone UK

Ripshod

The ping would suggest that either you're not in London or your gateway isn't.

Can you get the gateway from the router's status pages? 

Hi, yes I have done with direct connection and get worse speed results of anything. Also not in London

Jayach

In that case, unless there is something "stealing" the bandwidth at your end. the problem must be in Vodafone's network. I don't think there is much more we can suggest.

CrimsonLiar

I suggest not testing with "Swish Fibre", my results are almost identical to yours using that test location, and higher when I test elsewhere!  Conclusion: it may be that's the highest result you can get to that speedtest server!

Jayach

Strange, I got near identical results, apart from the higher ping, now my gateway is stupidly in Leeds.

My results were excellent to Swish, when my gateway was Surry Quays.

I had tried several different server and different sites, all seem to suggest vodafone doing something, streangly just tried stream from my Google drive via my phone this morning and seem to work fine, not the best test but not around during day. Speed test not good weirdly around 20 download and upload the same