Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Superfast 2 not so fast or super

Vindaloo123
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

When I first joined with Vodafone 4 months ago my connection speed was amazing for an average of 63 I was getting 70 however now the past 2 months my connection is consistently around 20 to 30mbs and continuously cuts out. Its not ideal and when I contact customer service they want me to put cable in test socket for 3 days which with my work and kids ain't possible for now. 

I don't know if anyone knows of a personal workaround as I already done dns change. On the other hand and may seem counter intuitive but I got a offer for superfast 2 Pro broadband I'm curious of the bonuses and if anyone knows that while it's the same advertised speed maybe they have some trickery for a better speed plus the extra IT support you get would be useful? 

8 REPLIES 8

gipjon
16: Advanced member

removing the front plate on the bt socket and putting the cable into the test socket won't stop your internet from working 

Jayach

@gipjon wrote:

removing the front plate on the bt socket and putting the cable into the test socket won't stop your internet from working 

As @gipjon says plugging into the test socket won't stop anything working except any telephone extensions you may have. It's also the first step in fault finding.

The only thing you will get from Pro is a smaller bank balance.

That's strange then because when I do the Internet cuts off completely, I'm not very savvy with broadband 

gipjon

You have to use a line filter 

Hi

BT OR sockets.pngclint_flick_0-1616763391078.png

If in doubt please ask.

gipjon

Should be a line filter in your vodafone router box and yes any line filter will do

Jayach

@Vindaloo123 wrote:

Thank you, Will a microfilter be fine then like this one? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rhinocables%C2%AE-Broadband-internet-Telephone-adaptor/dp/B00EVS11SC/ref=mp...

Yes it will, but one should have been provided with the router. You will currently already be using a microfilter or a filtered faceplate.

How were you trying to connect the router to the test socket?

A picture of the master socket may help us understand your situation.