cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why is Sky Fi 866 mbs and Vodafone only 175 mbs?

Gobsheeite
4: Newbie

I was round my son's house yesterday and connected to his Sky WiFi, it's seemed instantaneous compared with my Vodafone connection, I took a screen shot on Sky showing 866Mbs connection speed, just did the same at home and my Vodafone is showing only a lousy 175mbs connection speed. Why is Sky Fi 866 mbs and Vodafone only 175 mbs?

Screenshot_20220815_134451_com.android.settings.jpg

Screenshot_20220814_182654_com.android.settings.jpg

15 REPLIES 15

If there's an official source of a legitimate 4.1.0 I'd recommend it.

The easiest fix is to ditch the vf router and use your own. 

I've just chucked a load a routers away. I'll have to buy one

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Be aware, if not using the Vodafone router, you will lose the phone service.

@VFbroadbanduser If the OP is connecting on the 5Ghz band, I very much doubt it will be suffering from contention with neighbours. 2;4Ghz possibly, but unlikely with 5Ghz.

I changed the channel, split the signal, connected to 5 ghz and I have no neighbours on Vodafone and still only get a lousy 350

Screenshot_20220819_084409_com.android.settings.jpg

Jayach

@Gobsheeite wrote:

I changed the channel, split the signal, connected to 5 ghz and I have no neighbours on Vodafone and still only get a lousy 350

They don't have to be on Vodafone to cause contention, just using the same Wi-Fi channel.

Have you checked that you can get the full speed with a wired connection? Just in case for some reason your line is being limited.

Edit: Are you on Pro with extenders? Another poster found the extenders were limiting speed. He switched them off and got full speed when connected direct to the THG3000.